By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

snyps said:

We don't need better physics for millions of particles in games.. We have better than we need already. As per zelda, The Legend of Zelda is just that A LEGEND. Everyone's heard it's name and seen it somewhere. I love tes i beaten 3-5 including expansions. It's recent sales were very deserved.   It has really become a strong IP you are correct about that.  The rest we need to talk about.

Find me a qoute from a dev, with the words "8gb ram", stating that's why they aren't developing on Wii U. No dev ever said "8gb ram or no deal."

Peter hines said
"None of the game's we've announced are being developed for the Wii U, so it's guaranteed that none of those games are coming to Wii U. Will any future ones come out? I can't say for sure, in our near-term focus it's not on our radar.
It's largely a hardware thing, Bethesda's mantra is to "make the games that we want to make, on whatever platforms will support them as developed." The Elder Scrolls Online likely would have been released on Xbox 360, but that it just wasn't possible due to hardware limitations."

he VERY CLEARLY states, it would be impossible to develop tes: online for 360; however, he CHOOSES not to develop it for Wii U because it won't work as developed. Hines wanted Nintendo to consult with them on their box to try to get a pc box like the others. Hines strategy for the company is to develop in an x86 pc environment.

Listen again to what he says,
"you’ve gotta spend more time trying to reach out to those folks before you even make the box, when you’re still designing and thinking about how it’s going to work.”

He didn't say "thinking about how much power & ram". He said how its is going to work! How systems work is governed by whether it's x86 or powerpc. No where did he ever say Wii U has hardware limitations(find me the qoute). He said it's a hardware thing! How it works! PowerPC! Do you get it!?! Hines would have Nintendo build a pc like the other guys because he's a pc developer. But Nintendo doesn't want to build a pc. Nintendo has been using The Same System Architecture & Organization (with improvements) for the past twelve years. They've invested heavily in their technology. They have the best teams in the world and those teams know the powerpc architecture like the back of their hands. Changing it would mean replacing the manufacturing plants that build the boards. Nintendo is wiser than you give them credit for.

1. The issue with Zelda is that the bloom is off.  It is known, but isn't in demand as it used to be.  MAYBE Nintendo canwork a miracle, but the adventure/RPG side has passed Zelda by at this point.   Things change.

2.  You can't make out either way whether or not Elder Scrolls Online is or is not doable on the Wii U.  All you can conclude it is NOT possible on the 360.  And Elder Scrolls Online counts as one of the current titles to be coming out, so the Wii U isn't getting it.

3. As you should see in what you quoted, Bethesda does NOT want to work out of the x86 platform at all, because it is too different.  So, the Wii U won't be getting Bethesda stuff, as it is now.  Bethesda WILL hedge their bets with the Wii U, in case it maybe does something.... Well outside of the Mac getting Elder Scrolls Online.

4. What you would end up seeing, is that Bethesda is going to have to target different, and plan differently, to be able to included the Wii U.  This is not in the works at this point at all.

5. In regards to the 8GB of RAM: 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466027

"Two gigabytes would not be enough when it comes to RAM [random access memory]" Andersson said. "Four gigabytes would work. Eight gigabytes? Yeah. I think that would be perfect when it comes to memory." Recommended system specifications for Battlefield 3 call for 4GB of RAM.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=151921

http://n4g.com/news/744803/crytek-want-8gb-of-ram-in-next-gen-consoles

German studio Crytek has become the latest developer to start discussing what it would like to see from the next-generation of consoles, saying that 8GBs of RAM should be "a minimum" for the next-gen.

Developer says that 2GB is not enough, so they won't bother.  WiiU only has 2 GB of RAM, so they won't bother with the Wii U.  It is a case of "if the shoe fits".  And in this case the WiiU fits here.

Around the Network

Regarding Elder Scrolls Online, here are the minimum specs on it:
http://digitalbattle.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-system-requirements/

Depending on what you want to believe about the memory allocation on the Wii U, what you see here is that the Wii U really doesn't have enough memory to support ESO.

biglittlesps said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:
BHR-3 said:

good to see some of the old members back and posting but

wiiu will never sell 240M LT ever. i personally see it struggling to get to your end of 2014 sales for its LT, you'll see how off your end of 2013 projections are gonna be, i believe the ps3 is on the verge of over taking your so called 7th gen leader and really earning the title "the little engine that could"

must of just missed your era here in 07 but you posts have alot of charisma and hype to them you remind me of a nintendo version of a former vgc poster called megaman2, although he doesnt post on here would of been fun seeing the both of you here simultaneously

Why do you care so much about sales?
Who cares if PS3 eventually outsells Wii?  The Wii made a hell of a lot more money for Nintendo than PS3 did for Sony.

PS3 outselling Wii matters because PS3 doing a lot for a small minority of nerds on gaming message boards than Sony with the support of Games which the aformentioned small minority of nerds on gaming message boards want from a Console, whereas Wii Just did a revolution for the games industry to revitalize it and forget them without giving anymore games just after 3 years which is really bad from them and this proves that all they care about money making and don't give a shit about gamers if they lose money but Sony does risks for Gamers everything even though they make loss in it.

Sony is more passioned in Gaming right now than Nintendo in push technology, Games and Support. So, PS3 should sell more units and help sony to make more games for us. And this PS3 outselling(ultimately generating more money for Sony) Wii is what we gamers give Sony Top selling console which PS3 deserves for everything it did for Gamers.

Fixed for ya (at least the first part of the first sentence).. I'd try to fix the rest up, but my head might explode from the terrible grammar and lack of sense your post makes if I tried to continue much further... >_<

richardhutnik said:

3. As you should see in what you quoted, Bethesda does NOT want to work out of the x86 platform at all, because it is too different.  So, the Wii U won't be getting Bethesda stuff, as it is now.  Bethesda WILL hedge their bets with the Wii U, in case it maybe does something.... Well outside of the Mac getting Elder Scrolls Online.

I do see that.. It's what I'm pointing out to you. The x86 is the issue not the ram!

5. In regards to the 8GB of RAM: 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466027

"Two gigabytes would not be enough when it comes to RAM [random access memory]" Andersson said. "Four gigabytes would work. Eight gigabytes? Yeah. I think that would be perfect when it comes to memory." Recommended system specifications for Battlefield 3 call for 4GB of RAM.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=151921

http://n4g.com/news/744803/crytek-want-8gb-of-ram-in-next-gen-consoles

German studio Crytek has become the latest developer to start discussing what it would like to see from the next-generation of consoles, saying that 8GBs of RAM should be "a minimum" for the next-gen.

The frostbite 2 qoute is in reference to working 'perfectly [on consoles] and as intended on high-end PCs.' 2gb isn't enough to work perfect. But it is enough to work!

The crytek qoutes contradict eachother a bit. In 2011 he said 8gb minimum. In 2012 he said require 8gb (or more) for maximum performance. I have to stick with the latter qoute because it's more recent. But either way, the older qoute is a recommendation, the newer qoute is a requirement for maximum settings.

richardhutnik said:

Developer says that 2GB is not enough, so they won't bother.  WiiU only has 2 GB of RAM, so they won't bother with the Wii U.  It is a case of "if the shoe fits".  And in this case the WiiU fits here.

No developer said any such thing. Your deduction is wrong. I understand that a game built for 4gb ram is not easily going to be worked for 1gb ram. But it's done all the time. The only thing stopping it now is install base. Frostbite 2's battlefield 3 was scaled down to work on 512mb (shared)ram. As was Crytek's Crisis. I asked for a qoute with a developer saying 8gb or no deal. You gave me qoutes saying devs prefer 8gb for maxImum settings. Obviously devs CAN & WILL port to Wii U when it's worth their time.

richardhutnik said:

Depending on what you want to believe about the memory allocation on the Wii U, what you see here is that the Wii U really doesn't have enough memory to support ESO.

Pure bullshit. Looking at those specs requirements, Wii U has more than enough memory to handle ESO.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:

Thank you for being forth coming with these interesting facts.  This link shows Wii U meets the minimum requirements (including ram) to support eso.  Very cool.  I know Bethesda isn't going to port it over, but it's good to know Wii U is capable.  Though I'm curious to know why you don't think it is.

That was... a pretty long read..
Anyway, apart some exaggerations, you nailed a lot of important points here.

I´m not sure if WiiU will be the best selling home console of this generation, but I think it does have a chance.

Still, all so-called "videogame media" arrogance and disbelief towards Nintendo is really annoying. It´s the kind of thing that still make people don´t take "videogame" journalism seriously, as movie/music/tv journalism is. Lack of professionalism

3rd-parties only care about money. The same third parties who now skip Nintendo with this bullshit talk of "not enough power" all tried to win big money manking casual games for the Wii, most of them didn´t succeed, because they underestimate the Wii audience.

biglittlesps said:

PS3 outselling Wii matters because PS3 doing a lot for Gamers than Sony with the support of Games which gamers want from a Console, whereas Wii Just did a gimmick for Nintendo to get the money and forget them without giving anymore games just after 3 years which is really bad from them and this proves that all they care about money making and don't give a shit about gamers if they lose money but Sony does risks for Gamers everything even though they make loss in it.

Sony is more passioned in Gaming right now than Nintendo in push technology, Games and Support. So, PS3 should sell more units and help sony to make more games for us. And this PS3 outselling(ultimately generating more money for Sony) Wii is what we gamers give Sony Top selling console which PS3 deserves for everything it did for Gamers.

Wait what ? Sony passionate ?

The only thing that Sony is passionate in is money.

Nintendo´s team continue to develop amazing games, even with inferior hardware. If there´s a company out there that stills make games with their minds focused on gamers, its Nintendo. Otherwise they wouldn´t think about even put the touchscreen on a controller.

Sony, on the other hand, is more interested in what gamers spend than what they´re experiencing. That´s why we see Nintendo Ips lasting several decades while Sony franchises tend to die quickly.

warhammer777 said:

I think its extremely premature write off the Wii U as of yet. I think we are heading into an era where new type of games, with smaller budget, and a gameplay fusion of console and tablet controls coming into the horizon. The best example would be one of my favorite games, Warhammer. This type of game has always been more suitable to PC than consoles and the primary reason is because the controller is so limited. Imagine playing Warhammer on the Wii U, or Age of Empires, it would be so much easier to place your soldiers, scroll the map, manage multiple locations, strategize and navigate on the gamepad. I think strategy MMOs will find their home on the Wii U in a few years time. The Wii U is perfect for those kind of games.

YES!

I have said this would happen somewhere in this thread. Can't remember exactly where.

One thing I have noticed listening to gameplayers talk online is that there's a strong set of PC gamers who look down on Microsoft's & Sony's platforms but actually admire Nintendo's platforms.
Their problem is that Microsoft's & Sony's platforms have become basically dumbed-down PCs.
The PC gamers already paid the cost & did the building to make a strong gaming PC & when they look at XBoxes & PlayStations it triggers an uncanny valley effect.
They hate the wannabe PCs but like the one who keeps a console a console.

It's fitting that Pikmin 3 shows up on the Wii U because Real-Time Strategy games are a NATURAL fit for the console.
Let Nintendo bring another version of their Nintendo Wars series like say Battalion Wars—call it Battalion Wars U & promote that bad boy.
Tom Clancy games may have a new life on Wii U. Tactical first-person shooters with routes mapped out.

The thing is first-person shooters should have been pioneered on the Wii to BEGIN with.
Metroid Prime 3 gave a you a taste of what FPS's could do on the platform.
It's easier to physically aim & point than to roll an analog stick to aim & point.

Wii U adds EVEN more because not only could you use Wiimote & Nunchuk to shoot & move, NOW you have the Gamepad (I call it the UPad) to use as a field commander so you can play as a squad in the same room. Not to mention map & menu functions.

When a developer finally utilizes Wii U's potential that developer will make itself VERY rich.
John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

snyps said:
richardhutnik said:

Thank you for being forth coming with these interesting facts.  This link shows Wii U meets the minimum requirements (including ram) to support eso.  Very cool.  I know Bethesda isn't going to port it over, but it's good to know Wii U is capable.  Though I'm curious to know why you don't think it is.

Check their target specs.  The Wii U doesn't fit that at all.  And it isn't just the RAM either, but other things.  The BIG reason is this:

The Wii U doesn't have sufficiently large sales for third-porty to downscale their targeted coding to be able to get it to work on the Wii U.  They just don't want to bother with it at all, because the sales aren't there, and it isn't like coding on the X86.  They way they are targeting stuff, the Wii U isn't in the picture at all.  And that is the reality.  And ALL this cuts against what johnlucas is preaching that somehow, when the dust clears, EVERYONE is going to return to Nintendo, and Sony and Microsoft will be done.  johnlucas in this thread is arguing that ONE company will be left after this generation is over, and that is Nintendo.  Look at the thread.

I will NOT say that Nintendo can't get third-party in the future, and stuff be multiplatform, but it certainly isn't going to be the big open world stuff they have in mind for the PS4 and ONE.  it would be different.

And another thing, look at the harddrive requirements for Elder Scrolls Online.  That alone makes it not practical for the Wii U to do.  For one thing, one of the Wii U's models can't install it, as it is. That model can add additional storage, but Bethesda would then have to increase the amount of testing needed to make sure ESO ran on a wide range of these external storage solutions.  And that is NOT fun.

The short: Poor sales, too different specs = not bothering with the platform.  Add in also the underpowered part for giggles.  As it is now, the OUYA stands a better chance of getting third-party stuff thrown on it than the Wii U.  All people need to do is just take their old Android code and tweak it for the OUYA controller.  AND they are doing that.