By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

@Mummelmann The "Nintendoom" articles.

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Around the Network

So it was a response anyway? Okey, now I'm really, really confused.

And as for that notion being proof of anything; first off, there is plenty of talk about all consoles, the difference is that the talk is generally positive about some and generally negative about one, this is in direct correlation to some having a lot of positive things to talk about and one has a lot of negative things to talk about.

Also, like I said; someone mentioning bad things about a product is not proof of anything other than the most obvious: it is likely not doing terrible well or is unpopular.

If this is the "proof" that the OP is about to become a true prophet, there is real cause for worry, especially paired with the incredibly random and sporadic argumentation and direction of posts.

At this point it's obvious that the Wii U isn't going to pick up. Well not really at this point, the point was clear a long time ago. The Wii U isn't going to be a continuation of the Wii revolution. Heck even a turn around doesn't seem plausible.

I will enjoy the games on the system even if the sales are shit though.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Dv8thwonder said:

UNITY.

... am I doing it right?

Dv8thwonder said:

The fuck? Are you high?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
At this point it's obvious that the Wii U isn't going to pick up. Well not really at this point, the point was clear a long time ago. The Wii U isn't going to be a continuation of the Wii revolution. Heck even a turn around doesn't seem plausible.

Here's one guy who gets it. I think that 99% of all console games are shit, that doesn't stop me from truly loving my PC game collection. I'm simply steering away from what I don't enjoy and sticking to my niche.

The N64 didn't sell terribly well but it is by far my favorite Nintendo console, and actually my second favorite console of all time and had some truly incredible games.

Anfebious said:

And ironically, in a way, I see WiiU failing being a good thing for you and Nintendo fans. They were and are never getting third party games, that's done and dusted. But if sales continue to plod along like this Nintendo will always be working very hard to deliver great games, and I don't believe the thing will be discontinued before 2016. Who wants another Wii where certain years were void of any great software?

Desperate Nintendo is Bayonetta and X ect. Complacent Nintendo is Wii music.

Seece said:
Anfebious said:

And ironically, in a way, I see WiiU failing being a good thing for you and Nintendo fans. They were and are never getting third party games, that's done and dusted. But if sales continue to plod along like this Nintendo will always be working very hard to deliver great games, and I don't believe the thing will be discontinued before 2016. Who wants another Wii where certain years were void of any great software?

Plus it sets Nintendo's ego back a bit. Kind of like Sony with the PS3. They thought they could release whatever and it would fly off store shelves, they learned a big lesson in humility. Now they're trying much harder with the PS4. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Seece said:

That's true in a sense, I won't complain as long as we get great games... That is, as long as we get them. I hope the Wii U can enjoy a modest success at least for stores to stock on their games. Here in Argentina they barely stock Wii U games... they get sold out in just a week and retailers wait weeks to replenish the stock :/

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Mummelmann said:

Here's one guy who gets it. I think that 99% of all console games are shit, that doesn't stop me from truly loving my PC game collection. I'm simply steering away from what I don't enjoy and sticking to my niche.

The N64 didn't sell terribly well but it is by far my favorite Nintendo console, and actually my second favorite console of all time and had some truly incredible games.

True, it all comes down to the games in the end