By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

Seece said:

JL abandoning the thread hoping it disappears and people forget?

7.6m away from his original prediction and 5.6m from his new one, with 5 weeks sales data left.

He expects more people to buy it over the next month than have bought it since launch

No one is abandoning a damned thing Seece. So what if his prediction about Wii U's sales are off. That does not take away from the fact that most of what's in the OP is actually coming true. This thread and its author are in it for the long haul.

Back on topic: I was re-reading the OP for inspiration when it hit me that how uncanny it is. The numbers are sure to be off but granted no one can predict actual numbers. Here's hoping from a response from Lucas on recent events and his rebuttal to Mummelmann.

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Around the Network
Dv8thwonder said:
Seece said:

7.6m away from his original prediction and 5.6m from his new one, with 5 weeks sales data left.

He expects more people to buy it over the next month than have bought it since launch

No one is abandoning a damned thing Seece. So what if his prediction about Wii U's sales are off. That does not take away from the fact that most of what's in the OP is actually coming true. This thread and its author are in it for the long haul.

Back on topic: I was re-reading the OP for inspiration when it hit me that how uncanny it is. The numbers are sure to be off but granted no one can predict actual numbers. Here's hoping from a response from Lucas on recent events and his rebuttal to Mummelmann.

LOL what, how exactly?? I see the opposite.

Also, he has time to post in other threads, but doesn't want to refute Mummelmans post? Fishy.

Dv8thwonder said:
Seece said:

What exactly in the OP is coming/has come true? "no one can predict actual numbers." I'd be inclined to agree if the aim was a bit off, but that's not the case here, it will probably be off by 6.5 million and calendar year sales of 3-3.2 million sure is a whole lot less than 9.8 million. How on earth is that irrelevant? A 65-70% margin of error? Really? "Wii U WILL BE THE LEADER of the 8th Generation Consoles BY FAR. It will outsell the XBox One & PlayStation 4 HANDILY throughout the generation." Which is it going to be? Is the Wii U in for a historic 300-400-500% yoy increase or is the PS4 and One simply going to sell like shit starting right now? What if the Wii U's lifetime total is at around 10 million at years's end 2014? "It's only off by about 25 million, the numbers aren't what matter anyway."

For anything in the OP to be viable, it needs to happen now. Statements such as "BY FAR" and "HANDILY" are the main concerns here. Do you honestly believe any of this will happen?

I also find it funny that you used the age old saying "Rome wasn't built in one day." You do know that Rome was sacked by barbarians twice and ultimately collapsed due to decadence and lack of understanding of outlying factors and relations? Hey, maybe it is a perfect analogy.

PS: John Lucas, I'm gonna give you one more day. I have more things I want to say (expanding upon some points I already made) but I can't be bothered to sit around here waiting for you for a couple of weeks.

Edit; just noticed another brilliant analogy in this thread, in the OP actually. "Remember now, what object is shaped like a 'U'?.......A Magnet. Think about that." Does OP know that there is something called negative polarity? These magnets shove objects away. Again, possibly a very fitting analogy.

Mummelmann said:
Dv8thwonder said:
Seece said:

What exactly in the OP is coming/has come true? "no one can predict actual numbers." I'd be inclined to agree if the aim was a bit off, but that's not the case here, it will probably be off by 6.5 million and calendar year sales of 3-3.2 million sure is a whole lot less than 9.8 million. How on earth is that irrelevant? A 65-70% margin of error? Really? "Wii U WILL BE THE LEADER of the 8th Generation Consoles BY FAR. It will outsell the XBox One & PlayStation 4 HANDILY throughout the generation." Which is it going to be? Is the Wii U in for a historic 300-400-500% yoy increase or is the PS4 and One simply going to sell like shit starting right now? What if the Wii U's lifetime total is at around 10 million at years's end 2014? "It's only off by about 25 million, the numbers aren't what matter anyway."

For anything in the OP to be viable, it needs to happen now. Statements such as "BY FAR" and "HANDILY" are the main concerns here. Do you honestly believe any of this will happen?

I also find it funny that you used the age old saying "Rome wasn't built in one day." You do know that Rome was sacked by barbarians twice and ultimately collapsed due to decadence and lack of understanding of outlying factors and relations? Hey, maybe it is a perfect analogy.

PS: John Lucas, I'm gonna give you one more day. I have more things I want to say (expanding upon some points I already made) but I can't be bothered to sit around here waiting for you for a couple of weeks.

Edit; just noticed another brilliant analogy in this thread, in the OP actually. "Remember now, what object is shaped like a 'U'?.......A Magnet. Think about that." Does OP know that there is something called negative polarity? These magnets shove objects away. Again, possibly a very fitting analogy.

The "Nintendoom" articles. Apparently the most irrelevant company in all of gaming is the only thing being talked about.

Dv8thwonder said:
Mummelmann said:
Dv8thwonder said:
Seece said:

The "Nintendoom" articles.

I'm sorry, what? What is that a response to? "What exactly in the OP is coming/has come true?" That part? If that's the case, then I'm afraid there is no case. If your argument is that others saying the Wii U is doing very poorly is in itself irrefutable proof that it will start doing great, you have a very strange sense of perception, in my opinion. People are also saying that about the Vita, does that prove that it will have a massive comeback and beat the 3DS? No?

What on earth kind of reasoning is this, I don't even know what to say.

Or, perhaps it's merely referring to my whole post, dismissing it as nonsense and "doom and gloom" writing. If that's the case, then it's a simple case of deflection, which isn't a stellar (to use Reggie's favorite word) tactic either if I'm honest.

Either way, I think you're gonna have to clarify a little bit.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Dv8thwonder said:
Seece said:

This is hilarious, another analogy being "U turn".

Mummelmann said:
Dv8thwonder said:
Mummelmann said:
Dv8thwonder said:
Seece said:

I'm sorry, what? What is that a response to? "What exactly in the OP is coming/has come true?" That part? If that's the case, then I'm afraid there is no case. If your argument is that other saying the Wii U is doing very poorly is in itself irrefutable proof that it will start doing great, you have a very strange sense of perception, in my opinion. People are also saying that about the Vita, does that prove that it will have a massive comeback and beat the 3DS? No?

Or, perhaps it's merely referring to my whole post, dismissing it as nonsense and "doom and gloom" writing. If that's the case, then it's a simple case of deflection, which isn't a stellar (to use Reggie's favorite word) tactic either if I'm honest.

My response has nothing to do with you.

Why did you quote him then??

I swear you guys don't know how to respond so you just come out with the first thing that pops into your head. It's worrying.

Then why on earth were you quoting me? And then I need to ask again; what in the OP has come true/is coming true?

Dodging questions, is that the go-to tactic in here now?

Dv8thwonder said:
Mummelmann said:
Dv8thwonder said:
Mummelmann said:
Dv8thwonder said:
Seece said:

I'm sorry, what? What is that a response to? "What exactly in the OP is coming/has come true?" That part? If that's the case, then I'm afraid there is no case. If your argument is that other saying the Wii U is doing very poorly is in itself irrefutable proof that it will start doing great, you have a very strange sense of perception, in my opinion. People are also saying that about the Vita, does that prove that it will have a massive comeback and beat the 3DS? No?

My response has nothing to do with you.

Well why don't you respond to him. You've completely ignored his argument even though he's destroyed yours. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!