By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

So in that rambling post does he say whether or not he is sticking with 12 million Wii U's by year end?  I did skim it and see that he expects 50 million for the 3DS by the end of the year.  Of course that is more than Nintendo's ever optimistic forecast expects to ship by the end of March 2014.  To put it into perspective, if we say the rest of the year is the seven weeks ending December 28th, the 3DS will need to average 1.86 million per week to hit 50 million.  That would be 50% higher than its best week last year, and 28% higher than its best week in 2011.

Though perhaps he was referring to the fiscal year.  It would still be a stretch there though.

Around the Network
Yakuzaice said:

So in that rambling post does he say whether or not he is sticking with 12 million Wii U's by year end?  I did skim it and see that he expects 50 million for the 3DS by the end of the year.  Of course that is more than Nintendo's ever optimistic forecast expects to ship by the end of March 2014.  To put it into perspective, if we say the rest of the year is the seven weeks ending December 28th, the 3DS will need to average 1.86 million per week to hit 50 million.  That would be 50% higher than its best week last year, and 28% higher than its best week in 2011.

Though perhaps he was referring to the fiscal year.  It would still be a stretch there though.

God knows. Cant post in John Lucas's private conversation anymore. Dunno why. Maybe cause of my Iraqi information minister posts. Anywas, i'm curious as to how Zod95 is going to respond. In any case, hilarity will ensue.

I do think my Nintendo fanboyism has come into question. I just wanna clarify something; My 4 favorite franshises of all time is Legend of Zelda, Soul Calibur and 2D mario bros games. As well as the Heroes of Might and Magic series (bar the 3 last iterations). I will buy any console who has a new itertion of any of these franchises. 

Yakuzaice said:

Course he doesn't it. He's just gonna ignore it and when it doesn't come true he won't even acknowledge his failed prediction. Will just keep talking about the glory days, I actually don't know the purpose of this thread anymore.

But like I and others have said, people will fool themselves into believeing anything they like if they try hard enough.

Whatever your opinion of johnlucas's predictions, that post was magnificent.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

pezus said:
Hey john, can you comment on WiiU sales for the rest of the year? How much do you see it selling per week?

I'd also like an update about his prediction that it would handily outsell the PS4 throughout the generation.

Around the Network

Final-Fan said:

This discussion is taking too much of my time for too long. And, quite frankly, I think we could already understand the views of each other. I'm sorry but I will have to stop. I will just make some quick answers to some of your points:

1 - Map Size: area that the player can step into. If cars can go off the road, that area counts too.

2 - British racing games and very different from American racing games and any fan of the genre can tell you that. Also, there are British devs that make American-style racing games.

3 - I have Eye Of Judgment so I can tell you that's a puzzle-style game. There are 9 holes and the first to conquer 5 wins. You don't just throw the cards on the table, you, you plan a way to fit them well in the field (like a chess game) depending on the type of cards you have. Either that can be puzzle or puzzle can't be a genre (if it's too specific).

Prediction made in 14/01/2014 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 70M      WiiU: 25M

Prediction made in 01/04/2016 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 18M

Prediction made in 15/04/2017 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 90M      XOne: 40M      WiiU: 15M      Switch: 20M

Prediction made in 24/03/2018 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 110M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 14M      Switch: 65M

how do you guys feel about ps4's first day sales in the US?

Daisuke72 said:

it suny but with clouds on the sky that could bring out hell.

sure it maybe less then 1% with overheating or broken ps4 but we dont know if it are only fault consoles (the seemingly sabotage in the foxcon company) or overall hardware fault that just lay domant with others.

Daisuke72 said:

I feel as alwaysg, good! I also feel a little envious of people on the US. We won't get the console until the 29th of november! Also it will cost US$1130 so not many people are going to buy it here in Argentina (inlcuding me).

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Every couple days or so I come here to read the last page of this thread, just to see where it is up to and more importantly to see if John Lucas has posted.

It's always nowhere and John Lucas still hasn't posted.