By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

John Lucas has given new hope to us. He is the Messiah of a new (Nintendo) Evangelion. Our own personal Jesus.

In Gods we trust. Dattebayo...

WiiU ID:         Aias23

Xbox360/XboxOne ID:  Aias23

3DS FC:         3737 9509 2938

Around the Network
AIAS said:

John Lucas has given new hope to us. He is the Messiah of a new (Nintendo) Evangelion. Our own personal Jesus.

At first, this came to mind...

But then this followed...

Will favorite thread and bump when John Lucas is proven wrong and I'm right, since all the FACTS I presented were a "waist of time" vs his "opinion" which he claimed was facts until facts actually prove him wrong, lol the reason why you didn't reply because I showed factual evidence that you were wrong, and you dismissed me as a hater.

Will keep tabs on this! I never agreed with much John Lucas said but his threads and topics cause uproar and discussion and really bring more life to the boards, keep 'em coming!

Bloody hell, this thread is going viral on youtube...

It even get mentioned on Playerssence.com.
http://playeressence.com/the-anti-nintendo-conspiracy/

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Around the Network
Daisuke72 said:
Will favorite thread and bump when John Lucas is proven wrong and I'm right, since all the FACTS I presented were a "waist of time" vs his "opinion" which he claimed was facts until facts actually prove him wrong, lol the reason why you didn't reply because I showed factual evidence that you were wrong, and you dismissed me as a hater.

Yeah. Pubescent ignorant little child vs The Legend john lucas? Sure. That'll make a good PPV. lol

moderated for flaming - Tor

Incubi said:
Daisuke72 said:

Yeah. Pubescent ignorant little child vs The Legend john lucas? Sure. That'll make a good PPV. lol

Calling someone who uses facts in his arguments a pubescent ignorant child isn't helping your argument, also it's highly uncalled for to insult because I don't live, eat, and sleep Nintendo so I reported your post.

Also calling another forum poster a "legend" doesn't sound like anything a grown man would do, if anything it proves you're more of a child than I. 

Daisuke72 said:
Incubi said:
Daisuke72 said:

Calling someone who uses facts in his arguments a pubescent ignorant child isn't helping your argument, also it's highly uncalled for to insult because I don't live, eat, and sleep Nintendo so I reported your post.

Also calling another forum poster a "legend" doesn't sound like anything a grown man would do, if anything it proves you're more of a child than I. 

WOW. Now I know why im encouraged to ignore you. 

Incubi said:
Daisuke72 said:
Incubi said:
Daisuke72 said:

WOW. Now I know why im encouraged to ignore you. 

Because I reported you for directly insulting me? Sure, whatever makes you sleep better at night.

Back after a much needed rest.
OK where was I? Oh yeah, richardhutnik.

My private response to his private response made public.

*Posted from my Wii U!*

richardhutnik said:
And this is my reply to John's mail he sent on here. He happens to think, once the bottom falls out, all the third party companies will run back to Nintendo. What I hold is they will be out of business. Anyhow, here is my reply:

Thing that happens is, if the bottoms falls out, they go out of business. There will be no third party running to Nintendo, but will be ones out of business. And then you look for all the venture capital to leave also, and then there is a crash. You have Nintendo as a survivor of a shrinking market, not a dominant player.

And I would say you would be correct about the PC model running against Nintendo, and people who say Nintendo MUST go third-party to survive, also miss the point. HOWEVER, I think when things shift, it is easy to be off. I would say to look beyond the PC market also, which is also shrinking, to the smart devices out there. Android is growing at this point, and it is proving a nemesis for Nintendo also. Android has almost all the traits of the PC market, right down to the instability. Look for Android devices to flood the market, and then end up going into Asia, China and third-world at this point.

Thing is, none of this is running back to Nintendo. And reduction to Nintendo as a survivor is going to mean a much smaller market. And then Android and other end will end up catching up. You need to seriously see the downsides here, and be aware of them.

One BIG factor here is that videogame is now established as part of the culture and is going all over the place, with free to play as the normal model. Yes, I did see the Iwata talk you posted, and also have based my views in part to what he said there, because there is NO guarantee Nintendo isn't going to lose it. Parents are buying kids smart devices, and then the 99 cent appeal is sucking up interest. Look at what the big titles are, as far as mindshare goes. They come from portable devices, NOT Nintendo. Angry Birds is bigger than Mario at this point, as far as buzz and interest. Thing is that Nintendo is rehashing IP, and it is getting old.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/09/29/angry-birds-is-bigger-than-mario

This is as far as buzz goes.

No, if they're SMART they'll put the brakes on & change course meaning they'll go to Wii U to survive.
Oh yeah sure some of them are indeed dumb & will drive right off the cliff.
But I don't think a lot of them want to commit suicide just like that.
They got kids to feed, mortgages to pay off, car notes that are pending, child support payments to keep up.

That's why all the true blue PC developers who sneered at the NES when it first came on the scene swallowed their pride & started making games for the consoles once it was evident that NES smashed the PC market.
EA was one of those companies, remember? They started in the PC world first.

What we see with Google's Android is the NEW PC market.
Google comes from the Web.
It came in as a ghost & then took form as it touched the ground.
Google has thrown off Microsoft so tremendously that they will probably share the same fate as IBM. Who Microsoft surprised 30 years ago.

Saying 'PC Market' covers a very wide-ranging topic.
Old PC market stands for the disc-based model that Apple & later Microsoft ruled.
Companies like Epyx, Sierra On-line, Brøderbund, EA, Origin Systems, Bethesda, Bullfrog, Cyan, idSoftware, & Blizzard are representatives of this market.
It ruled the old desktops & laptops.

New PC market stands for the non-disc and/or Web-based model that slipped out Microsoft's hands falling into Apple's & later Google's.
Companies like Gameloft, PopCap, King, Rovio, Zynga, Mojang, & Zeptolab are representatives of this market.
It rules the web-browsers, tablets & smartphones (mini-tablets).

But there has always been a shakiness with the web model's way of conducting business.
While some of the developers are known & possibly appreciated, most are totally unknown & faceless.
I couldn't conclusively find out who made Text Twist for instance.
Customers looking past the gamemakers as invisible & unimportant will reduce gaming's ability to sell more than mindless one-shot titles.
Things become interchangeable & 'commoditized'.
It cheapens everything including the appeal of videogaming as a viable business.

Anybody can make a game right here & now as a hobby.
That has always been here & that will never go away.
But to make a living at this thing there has to be SOME kind of structure to allow that possibility.
And if people can't make a living at this thing do you think you'll see as many games to play out there?
Do you think you'll see anybody put that much effort into intelligent design & settings if there's no money involved?
Do you think you'll see as much polish on anything released?

Here's the crazy thing about videogames.
They DRIVE our ENTIRE COMPUTER AGE!
They are the force that moves these technologies into people's lives. At each & every turn.
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak knew to make the Apple II more gamelike with its colors & musical beeps & boops.
The man who developed the game Breakout for Atari wanted to make the Apple II for gaming.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/06/27/how-steve-wozniak-s-breakout-defined-apple-s-future.aspx
This microcomputer, the computer meant for the home not the factory or the office, was designed to be a gaming machine.
And because of that the home computer/personal computer revolution took off.

Remember, the guys who co-founded Apple, Steve J & Steve W, used to work for Nolan Bushnell's Atari.
Atari, the company which turned videogaming from a hobbyist endeavor into a business enterprise.

Games drive everything but ironically it's such a fragile industry.
Nintendo has been that evergreen oak tree that weathers the frequent storms that pass through the business.
They picked up the torch that Atari threw away. They were the Japanese distributor of the first videogame console, the Magnavox Odyssey.
That's why it will all come back to them.

Apple & Google are their current challengers but they will succeed past every giant because they know how to strike the balance when it comes to value.
Not too high to alienate the buying public, not too low to be a faceless gamemaking slave.
They're the responsible ones & it will all unify around them.
John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!