By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Share your favorite moments from the 2012 United States Presidential race

snyps said:
sethnintendo said:
Found it funny how pathetic the candidates for the GOP were. They currently have no one that I can see becoming President. The GOP is void of any decent candidate.

you're right. but untill they do the democratics won't fear losing. this nsa, patriot act, gitmo, mandated insurance, gun control, and other anti bill of rights legislation has to stop. Not that a republican is gonna help either. I don't know which is worse right now. But one party systems are even more screwed!

I don't like the two party system.  I want a multi-party system.  I'm tired of both parties and the way they party line vote or try and block other party from doing anything (Republicans are the main obstructionist now even trying to block decent legislation).  Some in the Republican party would rather see USA burn than let any Democrat look good (just look at the budget and other issues that should be passed with bipartisan support).  It doesn't help when the top Republicans come out and say they don't want anything to pass that will make the President look good.  No wonder Congress has about a 14% approval rating.  I also want to see campaign finance reform.  Every candidate should have a cap on spending during campaign.  Political TV ads should be banned and politicians should be forced to disclose all donors (no more super pacs that have their donors hidden).  A lot needs to change for me to even want to vote in USA again.  I voted once in my life but I won't ever vote again unless some major changes happen to the political system.

One favorite moment - Rick Perry showing how much of a dumb ass he really is.  What would you cut? One blah blah blah... Two blah blah blah.. Ummm I can't think of the third...

Around the Network

My favorite part was the end.

You know. Oddly i don't rememeber much.  I guess my favorite part was how Dennis Kusinich's wife got more screen time then he did.  Pretty funny stuff.   Though right now she's head of a lobbying group and all Dennis is doing is being a Fox News contributor.(Seriously he is.)  So I guess she passed the test of time. 

As it is though.... I look back to that election and what people were saying and I think to myself....

What would be different if Mitt Romney had won.

I struggle to find an answer.

There would have be a symbolic move or two on things like Obamacare and tax reform that would fail...

but I mean really.... that's about it.

Foreign policy wise Obama is doing his best Reagan so it's not like much would change there. (Or maybe Nixon is more apt)

At the moment the only difference I can see happening is if Immigration reform passes near the end of his term. Chances are, instead of that Romney would of put his efforts towards Welfare reform and social security reform.

Really, in a way the former could boost the later for a decade or so though, so if it gets pulled off great... So long as they actually do fix the borders.

Anything that came out of Mitt Romney's mouth. That guy was a moron.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018