By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Still Possible, Says Rep

oopsy I thought it was Walsufnir that answered.... well anyway it stands everybody knows we were talking about home consoles... and in all honesty fragmenting different GBs and 3Ds is about as relevant as saying my old PC games work on my new PC....

Around the Network
endimion said:
walsufnir said:
techhunter80 said:

Why is no backwards compatibility a problem for some people I don't see why it's bad. I mean you want to play your old games still, then keep the platform it's on that you already own.

But why should I do this when my new hardware can play my old games? Why keep all the consoles hooked up to TV? I really like the idea of BC, especially because my girlfriend already thinks we have too much techie-stuff.

??? how many consoles ever had BC ???? BC is the exception not the norm

and your GF is in for a long trip, the past 20 years were ridiculous in terms of tech innovations compared to the comming 20 years. she better get on the train or she'll be like great grandma when she saw the first laundry machine and thought it was a war machine.
especially since tech adoption rate and standardization are getting faster and faster. When you see how long it took for Radio, phone land lines and BW TV to become main stream compared to mp3 players, smartphones and internet. we will be invaded by smart device everywhere in our housse starting with the kitchen (not being sexist here I'm the cook in my household) before the end of the 2050. and don't get me started on professional environement, even bartender soon we'll need a minimum of computer skills to be hired pretty soon.

I understand the wire issue with wifey I have the same one but there are good solutions for than in house equipment store and DIY

BC would be a plus no doubt, but it is far from a major advantage.... I would rather have all DD for let say 10bucks a game on XB1 for XB360 title than BC... the useless green boxes are a way bigger nuisance to me and my wife than having 2 XBoxes on the entertainement center.

?? How should I care how many consoles had BC?!! I don't give a f*** if it's the norm or not, I would've liked it.

And how do you even dare saying anything about my GF? This is ridiculous. You don't even remotely know how we live together and how much techie-stuff there is in our flat already. Nobody could tell my GF better what will be new in the next years than me but this does *not* mean you have to like everything from it. I think it's good that she tells me what she doesn't like and we both think together what is really necessary, especially because she likes a clean look with interiour which I also prefer but I think I would have even more stuff if she wouldn't be my GF.