By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does anyone here, or is anyone here going to try and lose weight with Wii F

^well...playing Wii Fit could make u gain some too (muscle building)

Around the Network

I really think I would get out of shape if I went from running 3-4 miles a day to using WiiFit as my exersize... It looks fun, I might get it. You would have to be a real fat arse to lose weight on WiiFit... That being said I think alot of gamers will lose weight on WiiFit. ; )

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

My sister plans to. She had a child 6 years ago and put herself through law school at the same time (single parent so she never could find much time to exercise). She used to weigh ~108 pounds when she was younger and now weighs ~148 pounds and wants to lose about 30-35 pounds using Wii Fit, a diet, and some walking on her lunch breaks. When Wii Fit comes out here I'll blog her experiences as a non-gamer using it.

@Legend

See now that is how WiiFit is gonna work, as a dietary Supplement. If someone expects to lose weight on WiiFit alone they are fooling themselves.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

I think people are gonna be largely disappointed if theyre expecting big losses with Wii Fit...Ill stick to the gym thanks.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Around the Network
wiiforever said:
^well...playing Wii Fit could make u gain some too (muscle building)

See this I doubt, movement is one thing, WiiFit will certainly help you lose weight [as long as you do more than it alone] but from what i've seen so far, there isn't anything strenuous enough to be building muscles.

My girlfriend might use it for the Yoga. She does Yoga anyway.

I plan to just use it for fun myself. I'm underweight for my height as it is.

I'll mostly just be playing it for fun. I'm 5'11 and weigh 150-155 pounds, so I don't really need to lose any weight. Getting off the couch to have fun is never a bad thing.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I'm not expecting much, but I hope it works, because my arms & abs are about as puny as Mario is after eating a poison mushroom & being right next to Giga Bowser. My legs are a different story...