By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the best Devil May Cry game between 1,3, and 4

I've only played the first 3. But so far I'd have to go with DMC 3. I like the different weapon and style changes. Now all of this also supposed to be in 4. But so far from what i've played with the demo it's going to be more of the same. Which isn't a bad thing, but that's pretty much my impression.

I'm renting this from gamefly. So i'll have it in a week or so. i'll save my judgement for it then.

www.talkxbox.com - It is what it is!

Around the Network

I missed "best" in the title, so my initial thought was "2, DUH!"

Am I the only person on the planet who loved DMC2? I probably liked it even more than DMC3, although that's got a few other things to do with it.

Same here , Ive only played the demo of 4 , and from what I can say 3 is the best . 1s story was to young back than , and it needed to evolve a bit ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

3 because the story was good. I loved it because it was really hard! 2 was the worst out of the series for many reasons.

PLAYSTATON NETWORK: BLOODLINEZ

Around the Network

I'd say 3, but only because I bought the special edition and played it on easy mode (which, really, might as well be called "normal but still pretty challenging" mode.) Followed by 1, and then 4 because a DMC game where you don't play as Dante is like an MGS game where you don't play as Snake. (Oh, wait, we had one of those, too...)

Also, Dante was at his most bad-ass in 3. I mean, at the beginning of the game, he beats up a bunch of guys while eating pizza. Then he drives a motorcycle up a frikkin' building. And soon he gets a weapon... that's a guitar. Yeah, he's so awesome, he can rock enemies to death.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Didn't make the 4, but I prefer the 1st one.

I've got the touch!!

1,3,4 but 4 has a "dmc1 feel" going for it so this may change for me.

DMC2 is by far the best. I tell you its awesome how it has worse graphics then DMC1.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

when i played the first one i thought it was the coolest game, 2 was o.k and 3 was just not as interesing to me except for vergil

4 surprised me with its great graphics,story, best cut scenes in gaming and and constant action/ platforming gameplay thanks to nero and his devil bringer,

but just for originality and it fond place in my heart( easily one of my 10 favorite games) i would have to say 1