By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only one concerned!

It should have both options. I'll probably stick with the Gamecube controller though. I'm used to it.

Around the Network

Mario Kart Wii is confirmed to have at least the GC and Wiimote as options, so...whining is not allowed.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

*whines*

Actually, I see where you are coming from, and I wasn't on fire right from the start for the new control scheme either.

BUT there are two big buts:
1. The game can also be controlled with the Cube's controller, as many have pointed out already.
2. More importantly to me, Nintendo has yet to let me down with the controls for a Wii game. As twesterm has said, Excite Truck could be controlled wonderful with waggle, so I don't see any issues.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

BenKenobi88 said:
Mario Kart Wii is confirmed to have at least the GC and Wiimote as options, so...whining is not allowed.

I don't know, I still want to whine...

Sometimes it really bothetrs me how the Wii is supposed to be all about this new controller but then Nintendo keeps pussing out and allows for the Gamecube controller. 

On one hand I like that they do allow options when I think of games like Lair but on the other I also think you should make a game good before releasing (Lair) and Nintendo should stick to their lets innovate idea since thats kind of what the Wii is about.

It just bothers me that I see them offer things like allowing the Gamecube controller and just makes me ask why not sell me a Gamecube when you're not even taking advantage of what the Wii is about? 

Around the Network

@twestern, I think they are doing this sometimes for specific games where they know the fanbase might revolt if there is not an option.

now, in MK's case I don't think it should be an option. Excite truck was perfect. It handled great and was a blast. I also rented and played a couple of other racing games like Need for Speed. Tilt is really nice on racing. MK will definitely benefit.

On the other hand a game like SSBB has so many options and so on, the lack of buttons or replaced by waggle might be an issue for many. I personally, never *really* played SSB games so, i think I will be fine with learning on wiimote+nunchuk or classic.

I can't wait for MK. It has been the absolutely definite purchase this year, where all other games are maybe or off ebay for cheaper purchases.

superchunk said:
@twestern, I think they are doing this sometimes for specific games where they know the fanbase might revolt if there is not an option.

now, in MK's case I don't think it should be an option. Excite truck was perfect. It handled great and was a blast. I also rented and played a couple of other racing games like Need for Speed. Tilt is really nice on racing. MK will definitely benefit.

On the other hand a game like SSBB has so many options and so on, the lack of buttons or replaced by waggle might be an issue for many. I personally, never *really* played SSB games so, i think I will be fine with learning on wiimote+nunchuk or classic.

I can't wait for MK. It has been the absolutely definite purchase this year, where all other games are maybe or off ebay for cheaper purchases.

To tell you the truth I'm actually fine with SSBB having multiple control schemes because it is a fighting game and the more control schemes for games like that the better. 

I totally agree with both twesterm (and twestern and testerm) and superchunk, I feel they have taken an easy route with including GC controls.... but some people are just incredibly stubborn and would probably not have bought it if it was tilt only.

I imagine I will try the GC option though to see what it's like, but I will be keeping to the remote mostly.

I know me and my friends will be playing with the Wiimotes first.

And I'm SURE it'll control well. Mario Kart isn't exactly a precision game for most anyway...as long as you turn left or right at the correct time, you should be good.

And yes, Excite Truck played fine, and I bet that Mario Kart won't even be as hectic as that...it'll be a little easier to maneuver.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Yeah, I like Excite Truck controls, so I wouldn't really have any problems with it either way.

And no, I don't see any reason a game like mario kart would need voice chat, the only thing you can use it for is to bitch or brag, there's no practical value to it.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her