By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - oh man im so screwed...i have to serve

Tell them you know the defendent, and that you want to pay him back for cheating on your sister.

Edit: I notice you have an exam on the same day, surely thats a good enough excuse.

Around the Network

They can hold you under contempt if you try something silly. Just go in and act like yourself. They will either pick you or they'll not pick you. Most people don't get picked the first time.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Mistershine said:
Tell them you know the defendent, and that you want to pay him back for cheating on your sister.

LOL, you seem to know exactly what to say, have you served before? :D

PSN ID: Sol_Protege     Wii:154209933064989 

No, never served but have thought long and hard about how to get out of it if I get called. My backup plan is a pack of ex-lax, and then just shit my pants.

^^ ROTFL, I´d pay to see that (but I don´t want to be anywhere close)

Around the Network

Just tell them you are a Sony Fanboy and hangs around VGC all day, I'm sure they will throw you out.

;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

"The way you beat dury duty is to say that your predjudice against all races" Homer Simpson

"Screw you guys i'm going home" Eric Cartman

thats two ways, hehe

Cops, lawyers everyone can serve in a jury. If you can not afford to take the time off because it would be truly harmful(ie not able to pay for rent or food) just be honest and stress that point.

If not the best way to get off is to make the lawyers or judge not want you. For instance if you are goign to be doing a Civil trial and the case is about false reporting of video game sales tell them you post at a Video Game sales charts and also tell them that you think the PS3/Wii/360 is over/undertracked by VGchartz/GfK/Chart Track/NPD/Mediacreate/Famitsu and that you know the real numbers.

Essentially lawyers and judges do not want to have people that know too much about the subject of the trial since when a jury can not use any external knowledge and has to accept what the court presents as fact to be fact...kinda screwy I know.

I got summoned for a Grand Jury selection (Grand Juries handle the big cases). Anyways, fifty people show up, and they decide to select two squads of 20 (not sure why 20 but whatever). Guess what happens if you're one of the ten that don't get called into the two squads? You don't have to serve and on top of that you fill out a piece of paper that says you did your part and served, meaning you're flushed to the bottom of the list when having to select citizens for upcoming selections.

Yeah that was me. It will be a while before I have to serve again....

Just bring a pen and paper for 'notes' and doodle. Doodle your way into a far and fantasticul lands of joy and happyness