By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 'Duke Nukem Forever' confirmed for 2008, coming to home consoles

'Duke Nukem Forever' confirmed for 2008, coming to home consoles

Garland-based video games developer 3D Realms has confirmed Duke Nukem Forever, the highly anticipated sequel to its revolutionary 1996 PC game Duke Nukem 3D, is headed for retail release in late 2008, and will be coming to Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's PlayStation 3 home video game consoles, as well as the PC.

"We haven't formally announced any platforms for DNF," wrote 3D Realms President Scott Miller in an e-mail exchange. "But, of course hitting the big three makes the most sense (PC, PS3, 360)."

Miller added a note of caution on the 12-years-coming sequel and its release window, claiming, "we may miss the mark by a month or two, but I feel very confident that we're on target this time."

Duke Nukem Forever is not the only 3D Realms title coming to home video game consoles in 2008. Miller also confirmed the existence of a downloadable Xbox Live Arcade version of Duke Nukem 3D, which will feature on-line multiplayer support, Xbox Live achievements, on-line score boards, and a co-op mode.

"We're really excited about bringing classic Duke to the 360," said Miller during an interview. "We're talking to Microsoft about getting a release slot sometime this year."

For more about Duke Nukem Forever, developer 3D Realms, and the North Texas video games industry at-large, pick up the Feb. 15, 2008 edition of the Dallas Business Journal for a special report.

Source: Here

Around the Network

i came here with a ROFL feeling and i still feel that way

ROFL

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Thats what I was doing when I was browsing various gaming sites and came across this topic...lol

But look on the bright side, 3D Realms says its coming to the X360 and PS3 sometime this year.

Question is: Does anyone still care?

Man, this is going to be such an awful game.

Around the Network

Hmm, I refuse to be optimistic until I see something official. It doesn't mention anything on the 3DRealms site and one thread already got deleted on their forums about that article.

Not saying I don't believe this article, I just don't want to be optimistic yet. Besides, if I had hopes for DNF to be released, there would then be a huge empty hole in my life. I've been waiting for so long I don't know what I would do when I suddenly had an answer for when this game is going to be released.

Well, Just thank god PS3 still has PS1 support, or else we wouldn't be able to play this game at all

Still, i won't buy it

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

If 3DRealms had any credibility on DNF's release, I'd be able to download the N64 version of DNF on Virtual Console. DNF is the best acronym ever though, I mean we all know what DNF usually means.

kingofwale said:
Well, Just thank god PS3 still has PS1 support, or else we wouldn't be able to play this game at all

Still, i won't buy it

Haven't you seen the render of Duke that has been making its way around the net?  This game clearly has the most advanced graphics engine yet seen.  If I saw the game in motion, I fear my eyes would begin to bleed as some sort of adverse reaction to witnessing entirely too much awesome.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

When you give such news, warn people to sit down, before!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!