By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - EA won't "Gimp" 360 game despite tough PS3 development

ssj12 said:
Kasz216 said:
ssj12 said:
Kasz216 said:
Kyros said:
"wasn't that made by westwood?"

Oh god I am really old, now amnesia comes along. Apparently Redwood is the core EA developer studio (EA is based in Redwood) + Maxis(SimCity)

That would be Redwood Shore then. So. Same studio.

so basically the names of EA's studios change as quickly as a bowl of ice cream.. interesting.

It's been that way since at least 2004. I'd guess they changed their name when Maxis joined them or before... for no reason. Either that or it's always been Redwood Shore Studios and you never noticed because people cut off shores just because the name seemed too long.

I think it may actually be the later.

Nice job though, insulting the studio (which granted it is EA) rather then taking a minute or so to do a google search.

i wasnt insulting them as I love C&C and Battlefield.

You said they sounded like a craphole studio who was trying to rip someone else off.

Also C&C = Westwood. Which was liquidated into EA Los Angeles. (Though a lot of the original Westwood guys left.)

Redwood Shore is a completely different entitiy.

Think of them as EA San Fransisco and EA LA if you have to think of it that way.

Also the Battlefield series is made by a Digital Illusions to my knowledge. Which is way diferent then EA San Fransisco and EA LA. They aren't even in the country.  Owned by EA, but no affiliation to EA LA or EA San Fran.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
krik said:
kingofwale said:
I'm a little confused about the sudden love from EA?

Is this the same EA we had in 07? the one that released Madden on PS3 with 30fps?

What's going on there in EA?

LOL, EA still pulls in most of it's revenue from PS2's software sales so I think finally realized that the PS3 will be the future and not the 360.

really? i though the xbox360 was/is

well, EA has a bigger competitor now, so they better get their crap right.  The xbox360 has the edge now, but the ps3 will be close by the end of 2008.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

I don't trust EA.