By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - BioShock Infinite sells over 4 million copies

BioShock Infinite has sold over 4 million units, according to publisher Take-Two Interactive.

Take-Two's chairman and CEO Strauss Zelnick noted during a financial call today that "BioShock Infinite is North America's best-selling multiplatform release so far this year, according to NPD. The title's crossed the 4 million unit selling mark and we expect it to become the top-selling release in the BioShock franchise."

BioShock Infinite has dominated the game industry today with news of its three just announced DLC packs: the combat-driven stopgap Clash in the Clouds, and the underwater steampunk noir Burial at Sea, a two-part adventure that take us back to the series' starting point Rapture.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-31-bioshock-infinite-sells-over-4-million-copies

Around the Network

VGC numbers:

360: ~1.3m
PS3: ~870k
PC: ~320k

overall ~2.5m

crissindahouse said:
VGC numbers:

overall ~2.5m

i'd say undertracked by around 1 million. 

bananaking21 said:
crissindahouse said:
VGC numbers:

overall ~2.5m

i'd say undertracked by around 1 million. 

well, there is also digital. steam alone should have some nice sales numbers.

when a game like fez sold more than 100k in one day at steam summer sale and was not even on the top place and only few hours in the top 5 i can see games like this with awesome numbers.

Personally, I think the game was terrible. Sad that such rubbish games sell so well just because of their name and media bull giving them high scores, while less recognised but better games go unnoticed and under appreciated.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

Around the Network
DaRev said:
Personally, I think the game was terrible. Sad that such rubbish games sell so well just because of their name and media bull giving them high scores, while less recognised but better games go unnoticed and under appreciated.

It was THAT terrible? I think the game was really awesome and I personally dislike FPS! What did you find bad about the game?

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

DaRev said:

or maybe people just really like it and don't have your taste? 

gratz :)

so this means steam and digital sales have to be 'bananers' right? Or this is insanely undertracked.

While I found the gameplay awkward (my fault, cannot handle first person games) the story was strong and really felt well constructed and surprised me a bit. Blew my mind when you jumped around and got a glimpse of Rapture and 1984 and all.

Spoiler Tags! - kantor

crissindahouse said:
VGC numbers:

overall ~2.5m

Does the PC sales number include digital sales from Steam and Amazon?  Who buys physical disc for the PC these days?