By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Official Gamescom Thread. PS4 release Date. Vita Price Cut. 1M+ PS4 preorders

What a disappointing conference. 1 freakin' hour dedicated to indie games. Ok, I get they love indie games but come on!! Nothing new to announce besides some trailers in the last 30 minutes and the PS4 release date.

Overly long, boring, not focused enough on next-gen capabilities. Sony lost to both EA and Xbox One. At least those two companies focused on more than just indie games. Like seriously.

Around the Network

Also minecraft on Vita would be a bigger deal then minecraft on PS4. Sort it out sony!

It was dissappointing :( Where are the big studio's! Naughty dog, media molecule

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

That press conference was a joke, all they talked about was games games games...

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

I was planning on getting a Ps4 day one, but now im wondering if I should just get a Wii U instead since Nintendo seems to focus on actual AAA games first, and not Indie games first. Seriously they showed all indie games. This whole time Sony was saying "Wait till gamescom, we have so many brand new Vita and Ps4 games to show it will be crazy." Come to find out they are all Indie!! lol Im not a Sony hater, I have a Ps3 and think its the best console this generation, but come on Sony really? Where was Naughty Dog? Where was Media Molecule? I also loved how during the Vita section, the announcer stated "We have 7 more new, unannounced vita games to show today!" Then he announces 2 and walks off stage?! lol wtf...Good thing I have my 3ds...

Around the Network

So no big games got appointed?

Porcupine_I said:
That press conference was a joke, all they talked about was games games games...

Yea it was a joke indie trash after indie trash.

That was an awesome conference, soo many great looking games. I'm tired of all the crybabies acting like AAA games are the only ones that matter, hell, for all we know some of these indies could have the quality of a AAA game. The amount of exclusive announcements, vita price drop and support, all of the features, this conference was just as good as their e3. Seriously though, almost every game looked amazing, the UI looked amazing, vita games were aplenty, what was not to love? And a release date!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

FamousMortimer seems to have been on the money. He said Sony is intentionally holding back revealing other big games for now and use those reveals as means to keep the momentum going in the coming months. Makes sense from a business point of view but still sucks to not see at least the GG new IP

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

NYCrysis said:
Porcupine_I said:

Yea it was a joke indie trash after indie trash.

Youre right, these indie devs definitely don't deserve their time in the limelight because they dont have some massive publisher backing them up so that they are not labeled as an indie so that they can be considered a real developer.  These games can be every bit as exciting as any AAA game, and I am also surprised that you have been able to experience every single one of these games in order to determine that they are all trash.  Figure it out man.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB