By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu early numbers in for 2/3/08

hmm I did forget about china.... and korea... I am sure they are gonna a medium stockpile.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:

Disgaea did really well, though it probably won't catch Fire Emblem X, which is at 160.000 in Japan. Are there more SRPG's on the horizon for any system?

Valkyrie of the battlefield for the PS3. Coming April or something.

And Operation Darkness for the X360 if I remember right, maybe its already been released.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

rukusa said:
BengaBenga said:

Disgaea did really well, though it probably won't catch Fire Emblem X, which is at 160.000 in Japan. Are there more SRPG's on the horizon for any system?

Valkyrie of the battlefield for the PS3. Coming April or something.

And Operation Darkness for the X360 if I remember right, maybe its already been released.

In Japan i believe it has.  Still waiting for the US release though.

The PS3 numbers by Shinobi are probably excluding the PS3 bundle, it seems rather unusuall that the PS3 number has just jumped about 4.000 considering how many DMC4 copies there were sold.

I want to see the difference between Shinobi, MC & Famitsu. If the other 2 have higher numbers that they're including the bundled PS3 into their numbers.

But overall, the PS3 is doing quite well software-wise in Japan for a HD console and considering the console base it has there. Really nicely.

can somebody put up the media create numbers?

PSN: NightStalker09/ SleepyK (Dual PSN Accounts)

"Don't mistake real hip hop with mainstream BS"- My damn self

Around the Network
rukusa said:

The PS3 numbers by Shinobi are probably excluding the the bundle, it seems rather unusuall that the PS3 number has just jumped about 4.000 considering how many DMC4 copies there were sold.

I want to see the difference between Shinobi, MC & Famitsu. If the other 2 have higher numbers that they're including the bundled PS3 into their numbers.

But overall, the PS3 is doing quite well software-wise in Japan for a HD console and considering the console base it has there. Really nicely.

why would they exclude the bundle? Bundles are NEVER excluced for HW, I could see it if they did not add the software for the bundle...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
rukusa said:

The PS3 numbers by Shinobi are probably excluding the the bundle, it seems rather unusuall that the PS3 number has just jumped about 4.000 considering how many DMC4 copies there were sold.

why would they exclude the bundle? Bundles are NEVER excluced for HW, I could see it if they did not add the software for the bundle...

You didnt get the point.

I was talking about Shinobi's sales numbers being indicator of stand-alone PS3 hardware sales excluding the bundle.

I didn't accuse MC nor Famitsu about excluding the bundle figures. My point is that Im curious to see the difference in rounded figures.

Im shocked at all threes' hardware numbers! They seem much to low.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

They'll go limited release in Korea. The market for console games in Korea is not the same size as its PC market. Of course that may have changed in the last few years since I lived there. One of the main things keeping the console market down in particular is that fact that most of them are products of Japan. National pride is a factor in reducing sales, leading to stigma for Japanese games, much like the Xbox has been stigmatized in Japan.

I don't see the Vii as evidence there is an instant market for millions of Wiis in China. It's a simple cheap copy of an intellectual property, something that is common in China. Unless VGC wants to start tracking Vii sales as an estimate as to how large the market is for the Wii, I'm going to say these things are not flying off the shelves in millions.

AFAIK, Shinobi's numbers are from Famitsu and always have been. Famitsu includes bundles as evidenced by HSG5 and other such bundles.