By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu early numbers in for 2/3/08

Wii could really use a Wii Advance Wars game.

I mean you've already got the character models built. You could just use the Batallion Wars ones. Just make it a turn based game.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Are we certain these hardware numbers are ballpark?

Isn´t Y-Koron using those sources, too?

However I am shocked by the Playstation 3 hardware sales - I expected Devil May Cry 4 to push a lot more consoles.

Wii sales couldn´t be any higher, though - this is still 340k worldwide which is probably Nintendo´s limit. On the other hand expect them to increase production as they are getting all units to the shelves now - it is quite possible they will increased production to 2 million units a month and save those additional 200k units for christmas. 

Oh... so these aren't the official numbers?

Yea there is no way the PS3 only had a 5k increase in HW, I expected the Wii to be well over 130k too... mainly due to NA's hw lowness.. if this is true where is that 1.8 million production? It certainly is not sitting on theshelves.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Wow, if PS3 can only net 36K on a week with one of its bigger name titles then it may be in trouble, Wii netting only a 100K would be a disappointment, also how did Wii fit do?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

@Avinash_Tyagi

It's not really a big PS3 release at least in Japan.

Around the Network

Family Ski did 24K, that's good. Expect that one to sell 100K + in Scandinavia, people up here do nothing but Ski. I'm sure it might even be a system seller :O

340K is Nintendo's limit.

1.8M/month/30days=60K/day*7 days=360K - 20K for holiday = 340K/week.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I m waiting for the VGC + Media create numbers

Time to Work !

bigjon said:
Oh... so these aren't the official numbers?

Yea there is no way the PS3 only had a 5k increase in HW, I expected the Wii to be well over 130k too... mainly due to NA's hw lowness.. if this is true where is that 1.8 million production? It certainly is not sitting on theshelves.

Well, last years Wii sales have stabilized at around 260k units a Week. Last weeks sales have been 312,000 units worldwide and this week will see sales of around 340,000 units. 

That´s a big increase over last years sales. As I said before it is probably Nintendos limit at the moment.  

Any mention of Wii fit sales figures?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Any mention of Wii fit sales figures?

No but it should be between 97k and 56k.