By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Critical Close Up - Metal Gear Solid 2 (MUST WATCH)

Tagged games:

I watched the whole entire thing. It gets better after the post modern part, but at the same time it's not as revealing, as alot of it thrown out there to where the player can pick up on most it. I will say the whole MGS1 being set as Raiden's VR which is also is true because Raiden is set to be the player was very clever.

As I think more about it, MGS2 IS kinda bizarre as installment in the franchise. It really never does get any more crazy than MGS2

Around the Network
Xxain said:
I watched the whole entire thing. It gets better after the post modern part, but at the same time it's not as revealing, as alot of it thrown out there to where the player can pick up on most it. I will say the whole MGS1 being set as Raiden's VR which is also is true because Raiden is set to be the player was very clever.

As I think more about it, MGS2 IS kinda bizarre as installment in the franchise. It really never does get any more crazy than MGS2

Yeah its pretty crazy.

Also =>

If Snake dies in MGS1 and MGS2 Tanker its => Game Over

If Raiden dies in MGS2 its => Mission Failed and you see shit ton of info on like where the camera is placed etc like its a data screen.

If you play VR in MGS1 and fail, it also says => Mission Failed

The more I sit on the information from that video the more chilling MGS2 becomes. I seriously have gained another level of respect for MGS2. I also didnt take note of Mission failed versus Game Over either.

I can't believe I watched the whole thing. Somehow that video managed to be more convoluted and nonsensical than MGS2 itself. He seemed to be reading far too into things. Very few points he made actually made sense or were actually linked to the events in the game.

Xxain said:
The more I sit on the information from that video the more chilling MGS2 becomes. I seriously have gained another level of respect for MGS2. I also didnt take note of Mission failed versus Game Over either.

Theres seriously a lot of shit. Ive just spent like 6 hours watching several other videos of MGS2 and other MGS games in general.

MGS2 has by far the most interesting thematic in my opinion. And a huge reason I play MGS is just for that.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
I can't believe I watched the whole thing. Somehow that video managed to be more convoluted and nonsensical than MGS2 itself. He seemed to be reading far too into things. Very few points he made actually made sense or were actually linked to the events in the game.

Completely disagree with this but each to his own.

Check this out as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx2dgVKYWWU

Also here is the sum up to the thematics of each MGS game really =>

"Metal Gear Solid deals with genetics and the moral implications of genetic engineering also referred to as ('gene')"

"Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty deals with how identity can be affected by the philosophies of one's society (a 'meme') and the effects of censorship on society"

"Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater deals with how the time and place one lives in (a 'scene') affects their identity and how politics change along with the times"

"Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots deals with the artificially controlled (and globally shared) sense-data of the new era's nanotech-enhanced soldiers aka ('sense')"

GENE, MEME, SCENE, SENSE

I didn't know there are real people out there who actually care about and take the plot seriously, besides HK of course.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Thanks, will watch. I remember this analysis of MGS2 being pretty exciting to me back when I found it http://www.metagearsolid.org/reports_vr_theory_1.html and there are a ton of others out there. 

Sal.Paradise said:

Thanks, will watch. I remember this analysis of MGS2 being pretty exciting to me back when I found it http://www.metagearsolid.org/reports_vr_theory_1.html and there are a ton of others out there. 

Cheers!

It would be good if somebody extracted the good points out of his video and explained them a little more. I'm interested to find out why Kojima switched Raiden in as the playable character and made him intentionally unlikable. The last 3 hours of the game still make absolutely no sense to me either.