By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SSBB huge 1st week, Z&W sold out in Eur, NMH sold out in US - good or bad?

kingofwale said:

I'm willing to wait for 2 months and see how it will fair.

I'll certainly sleep better at night knowing that

Z&W - 3 (count them 3) of my work mates came round to my house a few weeks ago and we sat and played Zak and Wiki's first few levels when I first played the game, we played through start of game together, 2 of them are Wii owners and they went away wanting to buy the game, we got paid on Friday 18th Jan and both have been looking for it (I have also been looking for a shop with copies in for them) and it's just really hard to find.

That alone sounds like a good sign and you think it's selling out but I asked Game in Camden the other day he said they may get 2 copies a week and they'll go straight away. 

Around the Network

@ claude

Not buying that. In America, I walk into any shop and find copies of NMH. Sure Ubi may have underestimated it, but it isn't hard at all to find a copy. The Wii is sold out. They are hard to find, and I can't say that of NMH.

Anyways, Nintendo has been having great weeks. Its a standard now. If the Wii and DS aren't first or second, then it should be a huge dissapointment.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

>I'll certainly sleep better at night knowing that

don't worry, I will start a thread about it in 2 months. ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

The sales chart from a local store in Stockholm, Sweden:

1 - Super Mario Galaxy 499 kr
    2 - Red Steel     129 kr     
    3 - Guitar Hero 3 - Legends of Rock (Inkl. gitarr)     749 kr     
    4 - Wii Play + Wiimote - Handkontroll     549 kr     
    5 - Rayman - Raving Rabbids     199 kr     
    6 - Zack & Wiki - Quest for Barbaros Treasure     499 kr     
    7 - The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess     549 kr     
    8 - My Sims     299 kr     
    9 - Resident Evil - The Umbrella Chronicles     489 kr     
    10 - Metroid Prime 3 - Corruption     489 kr     
    11 - Fifa 08     399 kr     
    12 - Lego Star Wars 1 & 2 - The Complete Saga     469 kr     
    13 - Excite Truck     399 kr     
    14 - Table Tennis     349 kr     
    15 - Super Monkey Ball - Banana Blitz     299 kr     
    16 - Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games     579 kr     
    17 - Donkey Kong - Jet Race (Barrel Blast)     499 kr     
    18 - Super Paper Mario     499 kr     
    19 - Winter Sports 2008 - The Ultimate Challenge     379 kr     
    20 - Call of Duty 3 249 kr

Wow Red Steel number 2 in the charts - isn't there 15kr in the pound?  guess thats around £8.75 or something

Also Zelda - TP 50 kr more than SMG and still holding it's own

Around the Network

what is this "kr" units of measuring number of copies?

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
kingofwale said:
what is this "kr" units of measuring number of copies?

krona, thats the Swedish currency

hmm, they list the price of the game instead of number of copies sold on a "sales chart"?

Interesting, Red Steel was so deeply discounted.

CoD3 is a pretty good deal too

selnor
Episode 2:
kingofwale said:
hmm, they list the price of the game instead of number of copies sold on a "sales chart"?

I picked COD3 up for £8.99 from local Game Store about a fortnight before COD4 got released - wanted to see if I liked the game before commiting to getting the 4th.Problem is got COD4, Assasins Creed and Mass Effect and never even got £8.99's worth from it - hardly been touched yet.  My boss from work just won a 360 but has no games - told him he could buy it £20.00 as he'll probably never set foot in a game shop.

kingofwale said:

It's from the webshop, so they want you to buy it. I kept the price in because I thought it gave more interesting information. Some games are heavily discounted there, I don't know if it's true everywhere though.

And 1 GBP is around 12,70 SEK (swedish krona) and 1 USD is 6,45 SEK if I got the math right.

Edit: They have some really crazy prices when they are clearing stock. Like this:

http://www.webhallen.com/list_group.php?avd=1&konsol=&group=821&chr=&sort=1

(hope it works...you can get a blue PS2 cover for $1.50!)