By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Owner Poll - What's the most important for you to buy a game?

I think mods should sanction people who indulge in gratuitous thread bashing and Off-Topic Discussions with the sole purpose of disrupting a thread.

Around the Network
MikeB said:
E. (All of the above)

1) Gameplay
2) Graphics + General impressiveness of the game (Physics, enemies on screen, huge worlds, solid framerate, audio, etc, etc)
3) Story (depending on sort of game also crucial for me, in games like Resistance: Fall of Man or Uncharted: Drake's Fortune far more important than games like Motorstorm and Super Stardust HD)
4) Replay value (especially for games lacking an appealing Epic story line)

Pretty much the same for me (grouping appearance with physics, et al.)

The only thing is that as I get older, I tend to swap 3 and 4.  I've come to realize that a story tends to get in the way of replay.  Especially very linear stories.  Then again, I was one of the few people I knew at the time that loved the idea of Daggerfall (and eventually Oblivion, though I wish there was more variation in the dungeons...)

And WTF.  "weezy" is obviously trolling this thread.  Why is it being allowed to continue?

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Videogirl said:
I think mods should sanction people who indulge in gratuitous thread bashing and Off-Topic Discussions with the sole purpose to disrupt a thread.

/agree

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

This thread appears to have been hi-jacked...

As for the poll, A + B for me.

"And WTF. "weezy" is obviously trolling this thread. Why is it being allowed to continue?"

Acually Im basically the creator of this thread.

SSj12 was trying to prove me wrong with this "poll" which is clearly bunk.

ps this is how it started...from another thread might I add.

"so your telling me most ps3 owners dont think graphics is most important?
why dont you make a poll and see whos right."

and viola here we are now :)

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

Ok, so you were stereotyping and trolling there... what's the difference?

Your claim that PS3 fans only look for graphics is like someone saying the Wii is just for kids/a fad. It's bait to try to get a reaction. AKA, trolling.

well some would think Wii is a kids toy.

But I have fun playing with my Wii whether im by myself or its a group thang :)

oh and btw im 21

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

I think there are lots of casuals on PS3 and 360 that think graphics are most important. This poll fails to prove the standpoint, because there are minimal casual gamers on vgchartz.

Casuals define games thru graphics. Good graphics means good story & gameplay.
Most of time time the casuals are right. An 1st party title has good graphics and also good gameplay and story. Then again it's not always true like Lair. Or the otherway around Halo 3 medicore graphics great gameplay.

There is also a group of casuals that gets fooled by there Idol like spiderman or have been influenced by a movie.

For me.
Singleplayer game: Story Gameplay & Graphics.
Multiplayer game: Replay value, Gameplay & Graphics.

Graphics should be less important since you already have a PS3/360.

Well, OT... Depends on genre/game - some examples:

Game like Uncharted

Story
Gameplay
Graphics
Replay

My view is I'm not too interested in replay if the game is going to be story led and am happy if game doesn't have MP (obviously if it has a good MP then fine, but I'd rather the SP held up than have a generic MP I won't play)

Games like COD4 or UT3:

Gamelay
Replay
Graphics
Story

Story shmorry... don't care for a game like this. I mean, give me some fun SP with it but don't get carried away - this is about FPS combat and online MP

Games like Oblivion

Gampleplay
Story
Replay
Graphics

What I mean is while I love great graphics for a game like this I'd easily sacrafice them for story, gameplay and replay

So for me, even as a PS3 owner, graphics aren't the main thing. Sure, I'd prefer Oblivion on PS3 rather than Wii - because they do help immerse you in the world, and sure I'd prefer Uncharted on PS3 for the same reason gameplay, etc. is more important than graphics.

I'm sure to a get a Wii this gen (probably in next 6 months) but I could never just have a Wii as I don't believe it delivers what I want for games like COD4 and Oblivion.

Gen before while I had a PS2 I had a PC (still do of course) which was my PS3 of that gen (if you see what I mean).

This gen I have PS3, PSP, my (upgraded damn the expense) PC and I will def add a Wii later this year. If that doesn't cover the bases for gaming well I give up! For those wondering 360 did not appeal as it felt to close to my PC in terms of genres, etc. and personally I have no issue missing a few exclusives, most of which I can pick up on PC at later date if I really feel I've missed something (so I played GOW on PC, for example).

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I tend to look for all of the above, but not exactly in a particular order.