By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 78.2 million Xbox 360 sold.

Jabbamk1 said:

YTD sales on this site do not match up with shipments. The Xbox 360 is heavily overtracked on this site.

VGChartz has the 360 on 2.9m SOLD since Jan 2013 (up to 1st July). Microsoft has it on 2.3m SHIPPED since Jan 2013. 

I can only imagine the PS3 is being overtracked as well.

360 shipments in (calendar) Q4 are always very high, so there is a good chance for sales being higher than shipments in the following quarters as inventory left over from Q4 has to be cleared (shops _really_ don't want to run out of stock during Q4).

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
So 1 million this year alone? That acctually seems really good.

Even though they are behind the S3 now, sounds like they are doing just fine.

you can't compare console sales to smartphone sales

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

So, there is more Xbox 360 or PS3? I did read that there is more PS3.

77 million is an old numbers from 6 months ago and we all know that. Just click on the article. We all know that PS3 is higher right now. Everybody knows it here but some acting like they don't know.

Darth Tigris said:
It's really amazing how much MS increased sales this gen over the previous one. It's really the stand out story of this generation.

Well, if you ignore the Wii, that is ...

Of course we ignore the Wii!

Around the Network
binary solo said:
attaboy said:
Off topic but does anybody know if the 360 is the best selling home console of all time in North America? I'm just wondering. It's done pretty well considering it's only really popular in certain parts of the world and totally shunned in others.

I know right? Relative to the Xbox1 (not to be confused with Xbox One) 360 has done terribly in North America.

Gen on gen growth has 360 at:

North America: 280% growth

Europe: 340% growth

Japan: 310% growth

Rest of World: 648% growth!

North America has shunned the Xbox 360 something bad! America you should be ashamed of yourself.

Thanks for the percentages of growth. Now, if it's not too much to ask, could you give me the actual numbers?

attaboy said:
binary solo said:
attaboy said:
Off topic but does anybody know if the 360 is the best selling home console of all time in North America? I'm just wondering. It's done pretty well considering it's only really popular in certain parts of the world and totally shunned in others.

I know right? Relative to the Xbox1 (not to be confused with Xbox One) 360 has done terribly in North America.

North America has shunned the Xbox 360 something bad! America you should be ashamed of yourself.

Thanks for the percentages of growth. Now, if it's not too much to ask, could you give me the actual numbers?

Where would be the fun in that?

You are a member of a video game console sales tracking website, make use of the tools available and do the maths.

Here's another stat for you: Nth America had 65% of the Xb1 market; Nth America has 57% of the Xb360 market. So Nth America's share of the Xb market dropped 8% from Xb1 to 360.

Of course the numbers for Wii are even more impressive:

North America gave Wii a 356% growth over GC

Europe gave it a massive 748% growth

Japan gave it a relatively miserly 315% growth

And the rest of us gave it a stellar 1307% growth.

Interesting how the home territories of both saw the lowest GoG growth. But that's pretty easily explained.

To round things out PS3's GoG growth was:

NA  -50%

E -43.5%

J -60%

The rest -58%

Interesting that PS3's home turf gave it the hardest time.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
attaboy said:
binary solo said:
attaboy said:

You are a member of a video game console sales tracking website, make use of the tools available and do the maths.

Here's another stat for you: Nth America had 65% of the Xb1 market; Nth America has 57% of the Xb360 market. So Nth America's share of the Xb market dropped 8% from Xb1 to 360.

Interesting how the home territories of both saw the lowest GoG growth. But that's pretty easily explained.

NA  -50%

E -43.5%

J -60%

The rest -58%

I would use the tools available but.....I can't read!  There. are you happy?  ARE YOU HAPPY, NOW!??

*sobs*

keep it up....now drop the damn prices!

You could have held 2nd if you didn't coast on 2008 prices. Granted they are profiting like a beast, but hey, X1 is around the corner. Nows the time!

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

binary solo said:
attaboy said:

NA  -50%

E -43.5%

J -60%

The rest -58%

lol burn. Gen over gen is always the best way to gauge real success. And profit offcourse.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.