By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will there be another new IP in the near future, that is as amazing as The Last of Us?

pezus said:
foodfather said:
Watch Dogs will dominate GOTY awards as far as new IP's are concerned. TLOU, like Uncharted will be forgotten about at the end of the year.

Keep telling yourself that...lol. You surely can't believe that. Uncharted 1 and TLoU are hardly on the same level.

The thing is NONE of the uncharted games have been forgotten about. They are still talked about to this day. Some people even feel that Uncharted 1 was better than 2 or 3. That it is a gem.

As for Watch Dogs dominating GOTY awards I am not so sure about that. I think it will be a good slpit between TLOU, GTA V and Watch Dogs.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

To be honest, as much this game is awesome, I'm reeeeeaaallly getting tire of these kinds of games.... the realism, the guns and the rated M everywhere. Hope Naughty Dog project is a spiritual successor to Crash Bandicoot.

Been having this throught in my head ever since the reviews started rolling in. They deserve it because I sense the passion that went in this game and they want to create more games like this, they should, but on the other hand, I'm so tire of these kind of games. Now I have a fear that games ( besides Nintendo ) like Sly Cooper, Puppetear, Ray-man, Jak and Daxter, Ni No Kuni, Ratchet and Clank, Sonic, etc. are going to be the last of its kind going into the next generation of consoles. Still looking foward to it. :3

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Let's hope so. More great games, including great NEW games, is better for everyone.

Also, your title alone is loaded with two subjective statements. 1. Amazing as 2. Near future

The Last of Us sure is an amazing game. It was even nicknamed "The Citizen Cane" of videogaming. I recommend it to everyone but....

... one thing worries me... that we actually may not see another game like this in the future.
After seeing Square publishing losses with the sales of Tomb Raider and Hitman, even with the 3,5+ million sales each, I´m worried if The Last of Us will bring some profit to Naughty Dog

So far it sold 2,4 million, which is nice, and will surely break the 3 million mark but... will that be enough to ensure a sequel or a new franchise on the same mood ? I´m not sure.