By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pokemon X/Y is set to capture the female audience. And why the 3DS needs a price cut even more than the WiiU

Tagged games:

3DS needs a price cut? Nonsense, 3DS is doing just fine with the price tag it already has, at it will get even better with Pokemon.

Around the Network

Nice theory! . I used to love Pokemon when I was younger, but after the third gen I stopped buying them . I used to breeze trough the games and didn't want such an "easy" RPG. Then I switched for the Atlus franchises which are "similar" but a little more difficult.

I really don't know what is so great about Pokemon anymore, I sure hope they can add a harder difficulty or maybe I still haven't played the fourth and fifth gen. Anyway my point is that maybe some of the gamers who used to play Pokemon simply stopped playing because they are fairly easy and they prefer more engaging RPG's. But maybe I should try the Pearl/Diamond and Black/White gen before stating that xD.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I actually agree that the little Poke-pet-like features are for the female audience a bit more than the guys, but I can still see guys liking it too.

But I don't think the 3DS needs a price cut that bad. If so, not more than $30 for both regular and XL, and it certainly doesn't need it more than the Wii U. The Wii U needs a $50 price cut just to survive. The 3DS sold with a combination of strong game releases with a price cut backing it up. The Wii U needs the same scenario played out again.