By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

X1 gaining some nice indie traction. Kinect Sports will be a excellent showpiece for Kinect

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

http://n4g.com/news/1476084/new-ps4-commercial-calls-it-the-worlds-most-powerful-console-boasts-exclusive-games-and-content

all the destiny fans get excited because in the above commercial it simply states destiny has beta first on ps4 no other exclusive content now I laugh on those title wars between Xbox nation and ps nation. Looks like we will get the equal experience until their is a massive difference between their graphics.
I hope bungie has 900p or 1080p on both consoles I would like to know at how much fps does destiny runs

Ryuu everything about Microsoft though major focus windows windows phone. Other products like bing,Xbox,Skype,DirectX,office,outlook is discussed a very big event for Ms. Even things like visual studio and small little things announce games and apps for windows etc etc etc

FrontlineJaguar said:
What are your thoughts on ps vita vs 3ds
Ps vita
Powerful
Uncharted,playstation and few others.

3ds
Sonic man I love that game
Pokemon big fan of it but not played from fast few years, is x and y accessible to newcomers.
super smash

I am looking to buy one till xbox one comes in India so what do you think should go with a vita or a 3ds

Really it comes down to Pokemon and Persona in my honest opinion.  Persona 4 and Pokemon are both pretty amazing.  The thing is though,  3DS has a larger library with Kid Icarus, Zelda, Smash Bros, Donkey Kong COuntry Returns, etc to name a few.

Vita has Tearaway which i would describe as average, and then it has Persona 4 which is amazing.  Killzone turned out horrible, and as for uncharted Golden Abyss, i havent played it yet but i hear good things about Gravity Rush.

My honest opinion would be 3DS because it has a larger library of system sellers and most things the vita has you can get a better version on the PS3.  I do really like the vita though, and it is a great piece of tech.

I hope Microsoft will be ready to talk more soon about when the retail version of the X1 will be able to be used as a dev kit. Maybe that will be part of what they talk about at GDC.

Around the Network

It's been existing for while now they skipped a couple but it's been a yearly thing for three years now... That's where they talk about MS window stuff mostly... This year will be a lot about Nokia phone acquisition... WP8.1 release... Windows 8.1 update 1... Windows 8.2 (threshold win9)... MS Office MUI update... And probably some Xbox stuff (cortana, store convergence, ecosystem unification etc)...

I have to say thank you guys for posting all that Rare news today xD

I think im going to bite and get Kinect Sports Rivals. WOuld like to see it hit 70 metacritic as well. Its artstyle is just so good.

As for them being 120 employees they could manage two games with 120 employees, especially seeing as how KSR has practically been in the final stages for months by this point. Though i wouldnt expect anything for this E3. As for them not returning to old franchises that wouldnt surprise me at all. Rare has ALWAYS created new ip one after another. I could see them bringing back an old ip, but i think it is more likely for them to continue trying to be creative and going with a new ip. MSFT might bring back some old ip's with 2nd party studios as well so there is that.

JayWood2010 said:
FrontlineJaguar said:
What are your thoughts on ps vita vs 3ds
Ps vita
Powerful
Uncharted,playstation and few others.

3ds
Sonic man I love that game
Pokemon big fan of it but not played from fast few years, is x and y accessible to newcomers.
super smash

I am looking to buy one till xbox one comes in India so what do you think should go with a vita or a 3ds

Really it comes down to Pokemon and Persona in my honest opinion.  Persona 4 and Pokemon are both pretty amazing.  The thing is though,  3DS has a larger library with Kid Icarus, Zelda, Smash Bros, Donkey Kong COuntry Returns, etc to name a few.

Vita has Tearaway which i would describe as average, and then it has Persona 4 which is amazing.  Killzone turned out horrible, and as for uncharted Golden Abyss, i havent played it yet but i hear good things about Gravity Rush.

My honest opinion would be 3DS because it has a larger library of system sellers and most things the vita has you can get a better version on the PS3.  I do really like the vita though, and it is a great piece of tech.

What?

Killzone Merc is my favorite in the series. What turned you off about it?

JoeTheBro said:
JayWood2010 said:

What?

Killzone Merc is my favorite in the series. What turned you off about it?

The controls were so bad in it, felt clunky, sluggish, story was bad, etc  There was not a thing about it i liked.  Killzone 2 was my favorite in the franchise.  Id consider it one of the better multiplayer games of last gen(possibly top 5), but Mercenery, i wouldnt recommend it to anybody.

Rare on a proper banjo game and proper perfect dark sequel would be...well, kind of awesome.

I'd also like to see them make some classic-style 2D platformers and new IP's.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android