By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

shikamaru317 said:
Seece said:

AMAZING NPD numbers for XB1!!!

258k!!! 20k shy of being up 100% month over month!

Just saw that, I figured that VGchartz had it undertracked, but not by that much! Could NPD be tracking the Titanfall bundle even though it was a preorder?

No. They've never done this and no tracking ever will. They count sales directly sold to consumers not pre orders.

Around the Network

Well as long as VGC updates both PS4 and XBO should be increasing on the front page. I didnt pay attention to WiiU, Vita or 3ds. Does anybody have word on them yet?

I have a feeling march will be incredible for X1 :).

Puppyroach said:
I have a feeling march will be incredible for X1 :).

No doubt about it now :D   I wasnt expecting numbers like that at all.  I predicted 170k since BenV said undertracked.  But i didnt even give an option for 200k+ because i didnt think it was being realistic lol

JayWood2010 said:
Well as long as VGC updates both PS4 and XBO should be increasing on the front page. I didnt pay attention to WiiU, Vita or 3ds. Does anybody have word on them yet?

PS4 is overtracked in Europe, so it's number shouldn't really change on the front.

Wii U is up YOY and was undertracked a bit. No news on handhelds.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
JayWood2010 said:

PS4 is overtracked in Europe, so it's number shouldn't really change on the front.

Awwh :/  PS4 is looking good for the console market.  I dont want people to start calling doom on consoles again, but 6.1m is perfectly fine by me.  Nice to see both WiiU and XBO being undertracked though.  Really gives some assurance that consoles are doing good :)  Well im not going to say WiiU is doing good, but better than what vgc is saying.

Highlights from February 2014 NPD include:

Xbox One continues to see impressive software sales with an average of 2.75 games sold per console.
Xbox One sold 772,000 games in February and Xbox 360 sold 2.46 million, totaling 48 percent of the total software market share (Xbox 360 and Xbox One combined).
During the month of February, Xbox One and Xbox 360 both held five of the top 10 spots on the generation eight and generation seven console game lists in the U.S. respectively:
Xbox One top titles in the generation eight console game title list in the U.S. include: “NBA 2K14,” “Battlefield 4,” and “Thief,” “Call of Duty: Ghosts,” and “Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare.”
Xbox 360 top titles in the generation seven console game title list in the U.S. include: “NBA 2K14,” “Call of Duty: Ghosts,” “Fable Anniversary,” “Grand Theft Auto V,” “Minecraft,” “The LEGO Movie Videogame.”

Well im going to go play titanfall but great news guys!  Hope you all are enjoying it :D

JoeTheBro said:
JayWood2010 said:

Vgc doesnt adjust to NPD btw

And if they do its very small adjustments. So chances are numbers will remain the same around here.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:
JoeTheBro said:
JayWood2010 said:

Vgc doesnt adjust to NPD btw

And if they do its very small adjustments. So chances are numbers will remain the same around here.

Nah it does. Just not immediatly.

Also, this means XB1 is doing something like 90k - 100k weekly before Titanfall.