By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

JayWood2010 said:
Angelus said:

MS really doesn't need another shooter to add to their IP though. They already have the biggest FPS and TPS exclusive franchises in Halo and Gears. What can another shooter really add to the equation? They should look to add to their lineup in other areas 

Im confused, are we talking MSFT IP here, or games in general?

MS owned IP. Of course there are many shooters across all publishers, and obviously that's all well and good, but as a first party publisher I don't see how MS can really strike any more gold with those games than they already have. As I said, between Halo and Gears they got some of the biggest shooters in the industry already, covering both FPS and TPS respectively. So if you're a huge fan of shooters you're already highly likely to pick up an Xbox at one point or another, and therefore adding another exclusive shooter is imo a complete waste of time and resources that could be used to add an IP that will garner interest from people who's attention you perhaps don't already have.

Around the Network

Which FPS are you guys talking about? I have no idea what this discussion between you is about^^

Angelus said:
JayWood2010 said:

Pretty much what Ken Lobb said and why they havent done Perfect Dark in a while.  Said if they make it again it will probably be a little different than past entries, maybe more stealth

crissindahouse said:

Which FPS are you guys talking about? I have no idea what this discussion between you is about^^

As far as im aware Zeno Clash maybe? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7213434

Which is why i was confused about if we are talking about first party ip or not

JayWood2010 said:
crissindahouse said:

As far as im aware Zeno Clash maybe? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7213434

Which is why i was confused about if we are talking about first party ip or not

I thought it was about somebody (maxim?) saying he was being asked to play test some new MS game, which he was led to believe is likely an FPS

Edit: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7213481

Around the Network
Angelus said:
JayWood2010 said:

I thought it was about somebody (maxim?) saying he was being asked to play test some new MS game, which he was led to believe is likely an FPS

Edit: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7213481

Ah ok, now things make a little more sense lol

And I thought there was a new game announced or something

Talking about which genre MS should get an exclusive for next, I don't really know. I know some in forums are all about Japanese games they want to see support for but when I look at sales numbers of all the JRPGs on 360 (except maybe FF) I really doubt that there is much to expect in this direction.

I would like to see a fun racer with own characters and a few licences for characters from other companies. Or a great Top Spin again but that is the same problem as with the JRPGs which simply don't sell much on Xbox.

Final Fantasy XV Opening Cinematic

View on YouTube

crissindahouse said:

Talking about which genre MS should get an exclusive in next, I don't really know. I know some in forums are all about Japanese games they want to see support for but when I look at sales numbers of all the JRPGs on 360 (except maybe FF) I really doubt that there is much to expect in this direction.

JRPG games arent financially viable for XB but id like to see a 3D platformer or Kart Racer

I don't think if another FPS was done by MS, things would go South. Halo is a different type of shooter than COD and BF. And whoever plays COD doesn't always play Halo or vice versa.
If MS had something like Titanfall with a bigger budget behind it? It would move consoles like hot cakes. Y'all would be humbled.
MS can't rely always on COD deals and its probability of slipping to Sony.