By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Last Day to get Forza Horizon 2 Fast and Furios for Free

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/psa-last-chance-to-get-xbox-s-free-forza-horizon-f/1100-6426545/

Today is the last day you'll be able to download Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious on Xbox One andXbox 360 for free. Beginning tomorrow, the game will cost $10, so if you're interested, you may want to act quickly.

At school or work? You can queue up your download from the Xbox Store online or through Smartglass on your smartphone or tablet.

Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious is a standalone game, meaning it doesn't require a copy of Forza Horizon 2. The game was released for free on Xbox Live in late March in an effort to promote the latest installment in the film series, Furious 7.

The game features a handful of cars from Furious 7, and actor Ludacris also makes an appearance. These cars were recently made available to purchase for the Xbox One version of the game--you can get them all for $5. For a closer look at the cars, check out the image gallery below.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
TiagoCosta said:

Cod isn't Evolve or DA, I never talked about cod.. as much as I dislike it. 

2k and EA are to blame for low sales and exposure of their IPs.

For example you think Sony campaigned Destiny? No, Activision spent dozens of millions on "Halo developer" ads and Sony came with a white PS4 and just snuck on the picture.

Who knows, maybe Sony gave them millions to advertise the game on TV as long as they only mention PS4 and/or the exclusive content. Nobody of us knows how these deals work exactly and if MS or Sony pay some more from time to time to fund expensive ad campaigns. 

I mean, I can tell from experiences in Germany that every game Sony has exclusive rights for does get a big ad campaign here (except for CoD and Asscreed because of the bundle). I can also say that almost no game MS paid for exclusive rights got big ad campaigns here. I don't really believe that this is only coincidence. 

Ka-pi96 said:
Goatseye said:

Forums make seem that niche games can sell more than a multi-million seller.

A Final Fantasy or Persona release is more hyped on forums than Battlefield or COD. But which of the group sells more?

Persona is very niche yeah, but a mainline Final Fantasy game is a huge multi-million seller.

Very niche is disgaea and such, persona is growing in popularity. 

FF is huge tho

crissindahouse said:
Talking bout Xbox as official platform for CoD tourney, I think they could really let many CoD fans think they should play it on Xbox if there would be tourney where non-pro teams can win something. Something like "the best 1000 teams will get 1000 bucks each to spend on the marketplace" or something like that. This would give some thousand people the opportunity to win some hundred bucks to spend and would mean that an incredible number of players would think they have a chance to win that.

This was only an example fast out of my mind, it would have to be thought about little bit more but just as example what I think could really help.

You are absolutely right, MSFT has to be more aggressive with it's marketing deals, stop tiptoeing.

crissindahouse said:
Talking bout Xbox as official platform for CoD tourney, I think they could really let many CoD fans think they should play it on Xbox if there would be tourney where non-pro teams can win something. Something like "the best 1000 teams will get 1000 bucks each to spend on the marketplace" or something like that. This would give some thousand people the opportunity to win some hundred bucks to spend and would mean that an incredible number of players would think they have a chance to win that.

This was only an example fast out of my mind, it would have to be thought about little bit more but just as example what I think could really help.

Not only that. They should have EA or themselves advertise EA Access: $5 a month for Fifa, NHL, Peggle, UFC, Battlefield 4, Need4Speed, etc... and really get on the faces of gamers with that. Gamers love bargains.

And they should have a Fifa tourney in Europe as well. With a high prize.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Goatseye said:

COD sells more Xboxes than any new IP on any system.
Why do you think MS keeps on coming back for new deals? It's not just timed exclusive DLCs, COD tournaments are played on Xbox, their trailer and reveals are first on Xbox. Do you know how much exposure is that for Xbox?

Correction, CoD sold more Xbox's than any new IP on any system, sold past tense. These past 2 years with Ghosts and Advanced Warfare the CoD DLC deal did very little for Xbox One. The CoD deal was barely enough to allow the Xbox One version to outsell the PS4 version in the US. Titanfall sold more consoles than CoD:AW did, let alone Ghosts, which is why I say that statement is no longer true, new IP's can sell more concoles than CoD can now.

The CoD deal just doesn't have the effect that it used to, if the rumors are true and that deal really costs them $100 million I'll be very dissapointed with Phil if he renews the deal again the next time it's up for renewal.

We're just in the beggining of the 8th gen. I hope Phil renews the contract with Activision, he's not crazy.

COD has been sluggish as of late but it's still a powerhouse. COD has probably the biggest online FPS community, who will pass up an opportunity to capitalize on that?

Give me more "Dudebros" I want all those EPIC tech demos and more games with guns and violence. Call me the stereotypical xbot.

true_fan said:
crissindahouse said:

You are absolutely right, MSFT has to be more aggressive with it's marketing deals, stop tiptoeing.

Just thinking about what I wrote it sounds like a pretty simple way to be the must have platform for CoD fans. Let's say MS would invest 10 million to give teams the opportunity to win some money (yes it's much but not considering the whole spendings for Xbox), they could literally let tenthousands of people win 200+ bucks. They don't need big jumps, give the players of the best teams a little bit more than the worst teams and everything is fine, we don't talk about a professional tourney here were people expect a big first price, it's only a "casual tourney"

Do the same for Fifa and a few other franchises and look what people will say. 

I know this concept from Poker tourneys, there are some where only the best win a lot and then there are tourneys were many people win all almost the same. This concept could be great for online gaming tourneys. 

JayWood2010 said:
true_fan said:
Speaking of Ori I wonder does the digital success keep the game as digital only. I think it should have a physical release, but they must like their high margin without having additional costs.

From past cases, the more it sells the more likely itll reach retail.

Digital sale is equal to more profits but I think ORI was not an expensive game to make. I posted estimated  sale and the game is bound to be somewhere between 200k - 250k.

In case those estimates were based on steam spy and my own calculations steamspy has the game on 130K(approx) and on Xbox One that game is bound to  have sales more than 70K-80K for sure which equals to the numbers I posted and since the game has been selling on full price.If sales are :

Sales - Money Earned

200K - 4M Dollar

220K - 4.4M Dollar

240K - 4.8M Dollar

250K - 5M Dollar

I calculate sales on basis that game has sold well on PC compared to Xbox One if sales for Xbox One version are more than my estimates the game could have earned more but based on this we can assume game was made for less than 4M for sure. If they release the game on Xbox 360 they can get decent amount of sales maybe 100-200K. Leaderboards for the game show only 10,000 entries which I am not sure why is it. These digital games tend to sale more during sale, I mean many steam users will buy this game during steam sale and same will go for Xbox One. Games like this are desired by a lot of people but many of them end up buying these games during sale.

If they would release the game through retail they might have to price the game more to give the middle men their cut and for higher price reviewers may criticise that the game has less content.

I dont think there telling the whole truth. I wonder if its not the first time they asked for money.