By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

shikamaru317 said:
It really depends on how long the timed exclusivity is for, if it's at least a 9 months and they have a RotTR bundle at release it could have a pretty big sales impact on XB1.

From my pov, the money they waste on timed stuff(like maps on evolve and so on) could be used on shenmue and such.. from the reports we get it's really a lot of money. 

Around the Network
TiagoCosta said:

I hate timed stuff, even worse knowing about it from the get go. 

People don't know what kind of time exclusivity is it. MS could've made TR exclusive for 2 or 3 titles on the new saga.

People are just assuming the details of the contract and even giving a timeline for it, in a wishful thinking kinda of way.

Aren't you just glad you have a choice to play a TR made properly for X1?

If you go to the other camp you'll be puking at so much moneyhats this gen then.

Goatseye said:
TiagoCosta said:

I hate timed stuff, even worse knowing about it from the get go. 

People don't know what kind of time exclusivity is it. MS could've made TR exclusive for 2 or 3 titles on the new saga.

People are just assuming the details of the contract and even giving a timeline for it, in a wishful thinking kinda of way.

Aren't you just glad you have a choice to play a TR made properly for X1?

If you go to the other camp you'll be puking at so much moneyhats this gen then.

spencer kinda gave it away about what kind of timed it is, that's why.

I? lol, I don't like tomb raider.

sony is even worse than ms. 

TiagoCosta said:
shikamaru317 said:
It really depends on how long the timed exclusivity is for, if it's at least a 9 months and they have a RotTR bundle at release it could have a pretty big sales impact on XB1.

From my pov, the money they waste on timed stuff(like maps on evolve and so on) could be used on shenmue and such.. from the reports we get it's really a lot of money. 

Most gamers don't know or never played Shenmue. Sega won't sell or work on the IP.

An investment on Shenmue at this time would be big and totally not worth it.

Goatseye said:
TiagoCosta said:

Most gamers don't know or never played Shenmue. Sega won't sell or work on the IP.

Most people never played a souls game but were all hyped for that ps4 game... games that review well sell systems, more than timed maps or expansions anyway. 

Around the Network
TiagoCosta said:
Goatseye said:

Most people never played a souls game but were all hyped for that ps4 game... games that review well sell systems, more than timed maps or expansions anyway. 

COD sells more Xboxes than any new IP on any system.
Why do you think MS keeps on coming back for new deals? It's not just timed exclusive DLCs, COD tournaments are played on Xbox, their trailer and reveals are first on Xbox. Do you know how much exposure is that for Xbox?

Goatseye said:
TiagoCosta said:

Why do you think MS keeps on coming back for new deals? It's not just timed exclusive DLCs, COD tournaments are played on Xbox, their trailer and reveals are first on Xbox. Do you know how much exposure is that for Xbox?

Cod isn't Evolve or DA, I never talked about cod.. as much as I dislike it. 

shikamaru317 said:

More gamers than you think know about Shenmue, word of mouth has spread over the years thanks to Shenmue fans, I've met alot of people on forums who have never played Shenmue 1 and 2 but would like to play them (*cough*I'm one of them). Sega needs to do a Shenmue HD collection to guage interest for Shenmue 3.

Forums make seem that niche games can sell more than a multi-million seller.

A Final Fantasy or Persona release is more hyped on forums than Battlefield or COD. But which of the group sells more?

TiagoCosta said:
Goatseye said:

Cod isn't Evolve or DA, I never talked about cod.. as much as I dislike it. 

2k and EA are to blame for low sales and exposure of their IPs.

For example you think Sony campaigned Destiny? No, Activision spent dozens of millions on "Halo developer" ads and Sony came with a white PS4 and just snuck on the picture.

Talking bout Xbox as official platform for CoD tourney, I think they could really let many CoD fans think they should play it on Xbox if there would be tourney where non-pro teams can win something. Something like "the best 1000 teams will get 1000 bucks each to spend on the marketplace" or something like that. This would give some thousand people the opportunity to win some hundred bucks to spend and would mean that an incredible number of players would think they have a chance to win that.

This was only an example fast out of my mind, it would have to be thought about little bit more but just as example what I think could really help.