By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

25 euro is alright for sleeping dogs

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
JayWood2010 said:

They could do it kinda like they did with Killer Instinct, outsource some of their old unused IPs to other devs. There are many smaller devs capable of making good entries in franchises like that, and it would be good for the dev because it's easier to work on an established franchise than it is to make new ones (case in point, Ready at Dawn and their PSP games in established franchises versus The Order). This would be like what Sony did with Sly 4 (which you should play btw ), they outsourced it to Sanzaru, a relatively unknown dev, and it turned out great. That way they could use their old IPs, improve and build relationships with new devs, while Rare and their other studios could keep on working with what they want.

Since i just finished Uncharted Golden Abyss i may pick up Sly Cooper soon on PSV :P I have Virtue's last reward but im not sure about it just yet

As for Rare i wouldnt mind them outsourcing games, but rare has multiple teams.  Theyre working on multiple projects right now as an example so Id like it to be at least one new ip and at least one old ip.  But outsourcing projects as well should happen as well xD  Unfortutely Rare gets scrutinized for doing that though which really isnt fair considering like you said, theyre not the only company that does that.

Ryuu96 said:

- The Moa's survived Reach! xD stronger than Spartans ;P

http://halofanforlife.com/?p=20047

Wonderful news, means I still have time to try a Moa burger.

The moment ND gave up on 3D platformers was the moment they died for me, if rare goes the same way and do "cinematic experiences" they will also die for me.

which rare ip do you guys think has the most commercial viability in the current market on the xbox one?

maybe they're looking at it from that perspective and working from there.

Around the Network

Man I've been so sick I forgot about the ultimate game sale thing... oops xD Maybe next time. lol

Also maybe it's just me but Guitar Hero is just... idk I think the novelty has worn off tbh I have no interest in a new one.

If both guitar hero and rock band come out, I'll probably go for rock band.

roborad said:

which rare ip do you guys think has the most commercial viability in the current market on the xbox one?

maybe they're looking at it from that perspective and working from there.

Perfect Dark done cinematically.  Banjo-Kazooie would probably go 2nd.

Theyre not working on PD though and that is confirmed by Ken Lobb.  He did say that some of their games are being worked on though, we just dont know which ones.  Battletoads is 90% most likely one of them

Ryuu96 said:
Just a heads up for anybody taking screenshots you can now upload them directly to OneDrive in Upload app instead of doing the whole connecting twitter, uploading to twitter and going to the Xbox website using the twitter link lol

Actually now that we are on the topic, how do you snap pictures?  Is there a kinect command?

Also can we use them for wallpapers on XBO?

The current XBO game being feature on 360 dash is type 0, so misleading doing a advert on a JRPG.