By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTxCg_eY7J0

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Oh yeah, most MMO's are CPU intensive as well, so DX12 should help with any future MMO's that release on Xbox One.

I'm guessing ACUnity would run well it DX12... 

Not sure if Scalebound will be a true MMO, I doubt it. Hopefully not.

^Another AC!!! Please tell me they aren't releasing it so soon, they should start something else or take a break as I see many of my friends are totally burned out of it, similarly to COD.

Ubisoft Quebec? Maybe this means Ubisoft Montreal will focus on making other games.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I like the setting :), 3.5 years? It better be darn good lol. There are too many games to get this year :(

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
MoHasanie said:
Ubisoft Quebec? Maybe this means Ubisoft Montreal will focus on making other games.

Well, Montreal is such a huge studio they probably have at least 12 different games in development right now. 2,600 people work at Ubi Montreal afterall. I'm sure that at least one of the games they have in development is the Assassin's Creed game for 2016 (please be Feudal Japan!). Child of Light's team may be working on a sequel to it. They have a team working on Rainbow 6: Seige. They have a team working on Beyond Good and Evil 2. They supposedly have teams working on a new Splinter Cell and a reboot of Prince of Persia. They probably already have teams working on Far Cry 5, Watch Dogs 2, and a new Rayman. There's probably at least 1 new IP in development as well, probably more than 1.

Wow, 2600 people is a lot! Does Ubisoft have studios in France? 

shikamaru317 said:
MoHasanie said:

Wow, 2600 people is a lot! Does Ubisoft have studios in France? 

4 I believe, Nadeo, Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft Montpelier, and Ubisoft Annecy. Nadeo makes mobile games I think. Paris works on Rayman and Just Dance primarily. Annecy mainly does Assassin's Creed multiplayer. Montpelier works on Rayman, and they just made the Dead Kings DLC for AC Unity, and they're currently one of the teams making Beyond Good and Evil 2.

So Montreal is their biggest studio? Interesting. They should just be based in Montreal then. 

Ryuu96 said:

Interview with Hideki (Nothing new, just him talking about working with MS)

Hideki Kamiya: Making Scalebound with a Western publisher - http://www.polygon.com/a/life-in-japan/Hideki-Kamiya-Scalebound

Also interviews with multiple Japanese developers (Including Yu Suzuki)

Two hours in Yu Suzuki's kitchen - http://www.polygon.com/a/life-in-japan/Yu-Suzuki-kitchen

He's currently trying to create new game concepts for Premium Agency as he transitions from creating to selling his ideas.

He says his goal at this point is to sign a deal with a console-sized budget rather than the mobile deals he's done. And he says that even though he's been quiet for a while publicly, he still has big plans for the future.

Just needs a publisher...like Mistwalker =P

Come on Microsoft, both Shenmue and LO2 would be huge deals... sigh :(

Maybe State of Decay will become AAA on the sequel.

shikamaru317 said:
TiagoCosta said:
Maybe State of Decay will become AAA on the sequel.

Well, since the sequel is supposed to be an MMO I'm sure it will be AAA, most MMO's have AAA budgets. 

true.

ps: why is everything mmo nowadays :(