By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

shikamaru317 said:
Lol, I'm kind of slow, I just realized that XB1 to PC streaming will allow me to free up an input on the back of my monitor, so I'll be able to plug my 360 directly into my monitor now instead of having to play 360 through Xbox One's laggy HDMI-In port. My wallet might just have to take a $100 hit for the team by buying Windows 10 for my PC.

Are you on XP or something?

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Seece said:
Was great seeing Fable Legends!

Yeah, hopefully MS announces another crossplay title at E3, Age of Empires 4 would be great. They've been working on whatever that "beloved RTS" game is since before E3 last year, so hopefully it'll be ready for an announcement at E3 this year.

I can imagine all Microsoft games that are on PC as well that isnt a shooter will likely be crossplay.  Project Spark and Fable Legends are prob just the beginning.  I can also imagine other developers will take advantage of this as well.

shikamaru317 said:
Seece said:
shikamaru317 said:
Lol, I'm kind of slow, I just realized that XB1 to PC streaming will allow me to free up an input on the back of my monitor, so I'll be able to plug my 360 directly into my monitor now instead of having to play 360 through Xbox One's laggy HDMI-In port. My wallet might just have to take a $100 hit for the team by buying Windows 10 for my PC.

Are you on XP or something?

Yep, one of the poor 17% of Windows users who are stuck using an OS that is no longer supported because we don't want to spend $100 on a newer version of Windows, lol. 

You havn't got a new PC in all that time tho? 0_o

Between Windows 7 and 8 I've spent £15 on them, combined.

shikamaru317 said:
Seece said:

You havn't got a new PC in all that time tho? 0_o

Between Windows 7 and 8 I've spent £15 on them, combined.

Nope, I built this gaming PC in 2008 when the only options were XP and Vista, and XP was definitely, the better of the two options at the time. 

How do some people get Windows so cheap? Even Windows 7 still costs $100 on Newegg and $80 on Amazon.

Win 7 came with my PC and MS gave me option to upgrade to 8 for £15.

Shame 7 is so expensive otherwise you could have upgraded to that and thus got Windows 10 for free!

If it isn't too personal Shika, why are you so hard up?

shikamaru317 said:
Seece said:
shikamaru317 said:

Yep, one of the poor 17% of Windows users who are stuck using an OS that is no longer supported because we don't want to spend $100 on a newer version of Windows, lol. 

Im almost tempted to give you a free copy of windows 7 right now o.O  I cant though or else id get in trouble unfortunately. But are you going to get Win10? :)  Windows goes on sell often so you could prob get it for cheaper

Around the Network

Microsoft Is Working On Streaming From The PC To The Xbox One

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/01/21/microsoft-is-working-on-streaming-from-the-pc-to-the-xbox-one.aspx?utm_content=buffer4da0d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

crissindahouse said:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/01/21/microsoft-is-working-on-streaming-from-the-pc-to-the-xbox-one.aspx?utm_content=buffer4da0d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

AHHHHH! xD xD xD

shikamaru317 said:

Nope, I built this gaming PC in 2008 when the only options were XP and Vista, and XP was definitely the better of the two options at the time. 

How do some people get Windows so cheap? Even Windows 7 still costs $100 on Newegg and $80 on Amazon.

Roommate works at a University and they have agreements with MS which is why we can get it for $10.

crissindahouse said:

This would be great, no doubt about it.

As long as I can play steam games.

Yeah when I was at university I could also get some programs super cheap. Like something which costs 600 bucks for 40 bucks and so on because these programs were needed by the students to work with. We had to buy it on a specific site of the university where you needed special access codes for.