By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

crissindahouse said:
TiagoCosta said:
Can't say I like the first scenario.

Why? It doesn't matter if people need an Xbox or not, what matters is the eco-system as a whole and as long as XBO would be part of it, XBO owners wouldn't suffer from that even if sales of XBO would decrease (I even doubt that they would decrease much). 

Well, I see a problem with how they would manage the different controls especially for competitive online multiplayer but otherwise I wouldn't really care if people need an XBO to play all the XBO games since they would  still release on XBO and the amount of people you could play with would only increase and not decrease with this scenario so no loss for XBO owners. 

If Xbox one exclusives become irrelevant like that I would regret not buying a ps4. 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network

Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! https://careers.microsoft.com/jobdetails.aspx?jid=164301

Senior Software Engineer

Sizzle + VP: Be part of Microsoft Game Studios, and help us create the next-generation of awesome games for Windows and Xbox!

Team: The Decisive Games team is focused on world class strategy game development, and is building a studio that will bring the next installment in a beloved strategy game franchise to the next generation of gamers around the world. This is a highly-collaborative, agile team, with a play-centric approach to game development.

Role: As a generalist game development engineer, you will be expected to play a variety of roles on the team and contribute to solving engineering problems in many areas, but with an emphasis on client-side rendering and UI development.

Responsibilities:

Develop, design, modify, optimize, and debug game engine elated systems

Deploy, evaluate the performance of, and test software

Document software and features

Participate in scheduling, design, performance, and code review process

Requirements:

BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field.

2+ years programming experience in C++, with expertise in networking, web services, algorithms, and optimization

Familiarity with DirectX 11 or Xbox 360 / Xbox One rendering APIs

Understanding of the hardware rendering pipeline

Background with parallel programming and threading

Demonstrated ability to write clean, efficient, readable, portable, and reliable code

Shipped at least one game title

Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.

Should update title

New MS Studio "Decisive Games" working on classic RTS franchise for Windows and Xbox One

maximrace said:
Thanks for the kind words Jay :). I think we all contribute to the Xbox community in our own way and that's what makes this group so great. I know a lot of places dedicated to Xbox but none is as fantastic as this, not even my site/team. And the only ones to thank for that is yourself, keep up the good work guys it's great to see the passion in here!

Np and i agree with you.  Everybody here brings something to the table in some shape or form and the vide overall is good :)

I've been craving a proper RTS to play on my console. Can't come soon enough. Hopefully they can integrate kinect in a cool way as well.

Around the Network
Angelus said:
I've been craving a proper RTS to play on my console. Can't come soon enough. Hopefully they can integrate kinect in a cool way as well.

Halo Wars 2 with far more depth on PC.

Would that change your mind? :P

Seece said:
Should update title

New MS Studio "Decisive Games" working on classic RTS franchise for Windows and Xbox One

I dont think MSFT is going PC/XB as one platform though i think it is the future at some point. This goes to PS as well. Rather i think XB will be able to stream to PC with the XB app as well as having a universal game store to purchase for XB.  I also think streaming will be coming to windows phones, hopefull 8 and not only W10 phones.  I also believe we will get the new RTS game announcement(s) that will be on both XB/PC. Also new avatars and new home layout will be shown off

I actually believe Ryuu posted that RTS job a few days ago but it didnt have the studio name if i remember correctly.  i will however update the title

TiagoCosta said:
It just feels like the first step to doom to me, Microsoft not doing any more HC I mean.

I simply don't play on PC's at all, I don't even have one.

Same. Leave that PC stuff to its self. Make the Xbox One/360 more desirable to gamers.

JayWood2010 said:
Seece said:
Should update title

I dont think MSFT is going PC/XB as one platform though i think it is the future at some point. This goes to PS as well. Rather i think XB will be able to stream to PC with the XB app as well as having a universal game store to purchase for XB.  I also think streaming will be coming to windows phones, hopefull 8 and not only W10 phones.  I also believe we will get the new RTS game announcement(s) that will be on both XB/PC.

I actually believe Ryuu posted that RTS job a few days ago but it didnt have the studio name if i remember correctly.  i will however update the title

We had the name already, pretty sure is the same thing. 

Seece said:
Angelus said:

Halo Wars 2 with far more depth on PC.

Would that change your mind? :P

You mean would I buy it on PC instead of console? Idk, I already have plenty of great RTS games on PC, but I also like having a good RTS on my console just because it's more relaxed. On PC I play them pretty competitively with my friends. On a console it's all a bit simplified, and I find it fun to just sit down for a couple hours, put on some music, build a big ass army, and stomp some shit lol