By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Wow some people are desperate for negative X1 news to be true even after it's been debunked!

Around the Network
hollabackenny said:
Does anyone in here know if you still get 1,000 credits for playing 10 hours of a newly released 360 game for the rewards program?

not sure about this specifically but the reward programm is still up and running

you get 1250 credits from your first purchase, 3K credits from 12 month of gold purchase, you still have three punch cards a month or so and other timed reward stuff....

http://rewards.xbox.com/myrewards/

• Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag – 20GB
  • Battlefield 4 – 33GB
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts – 39GB
  • Dead Rising 3 – 19GB
  • FIFA 14 – 8GB
  • Fighter Within – 9.2GB
  • Forza Motorsport 5 – 31GB
  • Just Dance 2014 – 22GB
  • Killer Instinct – 3.4GB
  • Lococyle – 13GB
  • Madden NFL 25 – 12GB
  • NBA 2K14 – 43GB
  • NBA Live 14 – 9GB
  • Powerstar Golf – 3.9GB
  • Ryse: Son of Rome – 34GB
  • Skylanders: Swap Force – 15GB
  • Xbox Fitness – 246MB
  • Zoo Tycoon – 2.6GB
  • Zumba World Party – 24GB

Average install is 17.95 GB.

Will probably get 450GB of useable space so that's 25 games before you need to start deleting (not including demos, videos ect)

Not bad considering people were saying you'd only fit 10 games on the drive, (I guess that's true if the 10 games you chose happen to be NBA size installs)

DR3 + Zoo Tycoon + Xbox Fitness + KI = 25.3GB for me tho!

JayWood2010 said:
hollabackenny said:
Does anyone in here know if you still get 1,000 credits for playing 10 hours of a newly released 360 game for the rewards program?

I got some points the month before last but because i didnt play anything on X360 this last month i didnt.  They still sent me an email though, so you should(If im talking about the right thing)

Yeah I got it for GTA 5 but I just grabbed COD and AC4 the other day and was wondering cause when I looked on the website I couldn't find it listed as an ongoing reward.

Seece said:
  • Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag – 20GB
  • Battlefield 4 – 33GB
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts – 39GB
  • Dead Rising 3 – 19GB
  • FIFA 14 – 8GB
  • Fighter Within – 9.2GB
  • Forza Motorsport 5 – 31GB
  • Just Dance 2014 – 22GB
  • Killer Instinct – 3.4GB
  • Lococyle – 13GB
  • Madden NFL 25 – 12GB
  • NBA 2K14 – 43GB
  • NBA Live 14 – 9GB
  • Powerstar Golf – 3.9GB
  • Ryse: Son of Rome – 34GB
  • Skylanders: Swap Force – 15GB
  • Xbox Fitness – 246MB
  • Zoo Tycoon – 2.6GB
  • Zumba World Party – 24GB

Average install is 17.95 GB.

Will probably get 450GB of useable space so that's 25 games before you need to start deleting (not including demos, videos ect)

Not bad considering people were saying you'd only fit 10 games on the drive, (I guess that's true if the 10 games you chose happen to be NBA size installs)

DR3 + Zoo Tycoon + Xbox Fitness + KI = 25.3GB for me tho!

I wonder why there is such a disparity between some of those games. Ghosts at 39GB but Zoo Tycoon is only 2.5GB? I thought Zoo Tycoon was a full game (and I know it has quite good graphics so how is it so low?). Additionally, how is Lococylce 13GB? The game looks like a trashy 360 arcade game...

And then there's both those NBA games

• NBA 2K14 – 43GB
  • NBA Live 14 – 9GB
That makes no sense to me.
Either way by the end of the year I'm probably looking at about 186GB of games on my system (sans any DLC so probably about 200GB altogether)

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:

I wonder why there is such a disparity between some of those games. Ghosts at 39GB but Zoo Tycoon is only 2.5GB? I thought Zoo Tycoon was a full game (and I know it has quite good graphics so how is it so low?). Additionally, how is Lococylce 13GB? The game looks like a trashy 360 arcade game...

And then there's both those NBA games

• NBA 2K14 – 43GB
  • NBA Live 14 – 9GB
That makes no sense to me.
Either way by the end of the year I'm probably looking at about 186GB of games on my system (sans any DLC so probably about 200GB altogether)

Indeed. I was saying to Machina, there is no method to the madness! That's quite a lot for launch, I estimate around 80 - 100GB for me.

lol @ NBA Live

Tbh, I'm not sure why anyone would even take a chance on Live again at this point. It's been ages since that franchise was any good whatsoever, and there's a reason it got canned in the first place. The only reason they're bringing it back now is because they figure that if they get in a game at the start of the new gen, with good graphics, some people will be just buy it on a blind 50/50 grab between the two and maybe just stick with it going forward. 2K is just so superior it's not even funny.

Angelus said:
lol @ NBA Live

Tbh, I'm not sure why anyone would even take a chance on Live again at this point. It's been ages since that franchise was any good whatsoever, and there's a reason it got canned in the first place. The only reason they're bringing it back now is because they figure that if they get in a game at the start of the new gen, with good graphics, some people will be just buy it on a blind 50/50 grab between the two and maybe just stick with it going forward. 2K is just so superior it's not even funny.

What's the difference between them?

The gameplay ^^

It's seriously night and day going between them. Playing 2K feels like an actual basketball game, where as the Live just feels awkward in every possible way. If you're curious you can go grab an older copy of each, like the last Live that came out with that year's version of 2K and try them both. Live is unbearable after playing 2K. It's a little hard to explain, but if you're a fan of basketball the difference is immediately noticeable. Like you could watch a guy play 2K and mistake it for an actual broadcast of an NBA game, but if you saw somebody play Live you would always know it's a game.

There's some presentation differences too, and 2K has better play modes as well that are very fleshed out, but really it's all in the gameplay.

What is the best Xbox One Game Tournament Winner