By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

JoeTheBro said:
JayWood2010 said:

What is the Best Xbox One Game Tournament

Halo 5 vs Project Spark

The Division    
Destiny    Destiny
Halo 5    
Project Spark    
Quantum Break    
TitanFall    
Assassin's Creed IV    
Killer Instinct    

Hahaha doubt this poll will need to stay up long.

lol next round will be a little more interesting with Halo 5 vs Destiny most likely xD  Bungie vs 343i

Around the Network

There isn't really a question for me since Halo is the franchise i played the most in my life

Wow Halo is killing it so far lol

Dead Rising 3 Ad

XBO Bootup Sequence

Around the Network

Kinect Minimum Distance Improvement

A leaked Xbox One has revealed exactly how improved Microsoft's next-generation Kinect is for smaller play areas. While the company promised improvements for use in smaller environments, a setup manual (PDF) shows the new Kinect will work at a minimum distance of 1.4 meters (4.59 feet). The existing Kinect sensor for Xbox 360 works at a minimum distance of 1.8 meters (6 feet) for one player gaming, and 2.4 meters (8 feet) for two players.

It's around a 20 percent improvement and it should make things easier for gamers in smaller apartments. It's not clear from the manual whether there's any restrictions on the play area for the Kinect on Xbox One. The existing Xbox 360 version requires a play space of at least 1.8 meters (6 feet) that's free of furniture. Microsoft has made some significant improvements to its latest Kinect sensor, adding an ultra-wide 1080p camera, and the ability to see in the dark, track heart rates, and more. Although it's a core part of the Xbox One offering, bundled in every box, Microsoft altered its policies recently to allow use of the console without the Kinect sensor plugged in. Microsoft is planning to release its Xbox One console in less than a month on November 22nd.

source

JayWood2010 said:

XBO Bootup Sequence

That's pretty cool how the room changes :)

I'm assuming this was made by splicing two different videos?

Xbox One: Steven Gerrard stars in ad for new games console

Microsoft has recruited England football captain Steven Gerrard and Star Trek actor Zachary Quinto for the global TV advertising campaign for its new Xbox One games console, which launches next month.

Sony has already launched teaser ads for its rival PlayStation 4 console, also going on sale next month, in the first shots in a worldwide marketing battle with Microsoft likely to be worth several hundred million dollars.

Microsoft declined to comment on the cost of its Xbox One campaign, the largest ever undertaken for its flagship games console brand. However, the cost of such a global marketing blitz including TV advertising is likely to be at least $100m, according to industry sources who have worked on such campaigns.

The ad campaign features Gerrard, Quinto in character as Star Trek's Spock and other stars, along with characters from top games titles – such as games Dead Rising 3, Ryse and Titanfall – "beckoning" to viewers to join them in the Xbox One revolution.

Microsoft's Xbox One campaign will launch online on Friday. The campaign breaks in the US on Sunday, and in the UK next week, prior to the Xbox One going on sale on 22 November.

Full article:

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/oct/25/xbox-one-steven-gerrard-advertising

Dang Halo 5 is crushing Project Spark.

@jay

i think you should always have a "see results" option because some people like me have a changing ip and can't see the votes as long as they don't vote a second time which is obviously not so good for the fairness of the poll haha.

too bad i forgot it in my own thread, here is a new xbox one ad:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=170781&page=1#5