By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

smroadkill15 said:
This thread get an easy 250+ post per-day. It's hard to keep up lol

Indeed. I have about 2k new posts... I haven't been very active lately though.

Around the Network
GamechaserBE said:
endimion said:
Wait what they canceled almost human gggggggrrrrrr....

on Netflix I like orange is the new black and house of cards....

about china what people fail to realize is that they have approximately 5 to 1 the population of the US... So if a 10th of the US total US sales buy it it would still be represent about half as many sales than in the US which is huge... And over there it's all about showing of your wealth so I guarantee you that anybody who can afford it and care about games will buy one... Lets not forget that is a country with more women billionaires than billionaires in the US... It is the country with close to a quarter of the world population... It doesn't matter if a majority is not rich even a fraction of them makes up more individual than most countries entire population....

about games releasing in the same window you have to remember than beside us playing all and every AAA games... Most customer are more specific about their tastes... A casual racer fan won't buy an open world RPG and a casual platformer fan will most likely not buy FPSs... When you see the average attach rate we are way above normal...

The problem is that MS can not answer the question ;..'why does a Chinese gamer need an Xbox one'?

This is what MS is doing now at the moment

'Dear Chinese gamer,

We know that plenty of you love to play games socially and that one of your favourite activities is to play games in an internetbar with your friends, well we have an answer for it!  The Xbox one! Now you don't have to do what you love and can play alone at home!

Also we know that you Chinese gamers love to pay a few bucks a month at your internetbar so you can play any game you want..We also know that you love to pay less than 10$ on a game that gives you 100 hours of pleasure .....Well we have an answer for it! The Xbox one! Now you can spend 35-45$ on games that you can finish in less than 20 hours isn't that great!!!

Well Chinese gamers Xbox one does what you don't want get it in September!

Yeah I am telling it in a very harsh way but money is not the problem because they are expecting to sell 15-30 million iphones in 2014  in china and Iphone is not that much cheaper than the Xbox one..The problem is that they have to give gamers a reason to get an Xbox one and I don't read an answer to that yet..

You are missing the point... People buying iPhones in china... Are like people buying Louis Vuiton in other countries... People that will be buying XBox will be the same not those geeks doi,g LANs to mine gold in farms in WoW.....

it is all about sayi,g FUCK YOU I CAN AFFORD IT, CAN YOU??? and yes they will sell tones on that motto alone... I'm not calling them stupid it's just they are a emerging communist country with all the cultural ties that it implies... With an entrepreneurial freedom they never had in the past.... It's like Wild Wild West in 21st century China...

I have been there, my sister lived there for 2+ years my best friend for 5 and I have other relatives there... Once again for the wealthy (those who can afford XBox) it's all about a materialistic display of money and power not about refinement and taste.... If XBox is the only console and most expensive and power full it will sell tones on that argument alone....

and yeah it'll mean volume look at iPhone china is over 12% of the global market yet they have only 17% of Chinas market share, while they have 35 in USA.... 1% sales in china is so much bigger than most other country you can't fail if you have an internationally fashionable device...

Ryuu96 said:
I'm not that dedicated to achievements this time around

This site is really distracting xD and I'm coming to the end off college so have to finish stuff anddd.... honestly... tv shows are more important xD I watch too many at the same time

I keep having random breaks where I don't even turn my Xbox One on for like almost a whole week....I love playing the games and getting achievements but that's when I'm actually playing xD for some reason I just don't feel like playing a game until I'm actually playing it .... if that makes sense Loll

Summer I will be forcing myself to 100% some 360 games though

^exactly what happened to me once I have finished college... I spend more time watching shows than playing... But like you once I get to play I'm loving it and spend hours on it... It's just getting to start a game that has become increasingly harder to achieve...

I have started to set up objectives... Like with forza horizon right now... I try to win at least 3 races and complete a set of PR stunts a day every day.... And I plan to do the same with all my backlog games...

Around the Network
endimion said:
You are missing the point... People buying iPhones in china... Are like people buying Louis Vuiton in other countries... People that will be buying XBox will be the same not those geeks doi,g LANs to mine gold in farms in WoW.....

it is all about sayi,g FUCK YOU I CAN AFFORD IT, CAN YOU??? and yes they will sell tones on that motto alone... I'm not calling them stupid it's just they are a emerging communist country with all the cultural ties that it implies... With an entrepreneurial freedom they never had in the past.... It's like Wild Wild West in 21st century China...

I have been there, my sister lived there for 2+ years my best friend for 5 and I have other relatives there... Once again for the wealthy (those who can afford XBox) it's all about a materialistic display of money and power not about refinement and taste.... If XBox is the only console and most expensive and power full it will sell tones on that argument alone....

and yeah it'll mean volume look at iPhone china is over 12% of the global market yet they have only 17% of Chinas market share, while they have 35 in USA.... 1% sales in china is so much bigger than most other country you can't fail if you have an internationally fashionable device...

..Suoyi ni hui zhongwen ma? Ni xihuan wo he ni keyi liaotian zai zhongwen... 

Wo ye zhu le zai gongzuo zai shanghai .  Ren xihuan ye keyi mai yige PS3 haishi yige X360 danshi ren bu mai duo;..Suoyi wo wenti ni weishenme ni juede
ren xihuan mai yige Xbox one...

I also have been in China and worked their speak some Chinese (still kind of suck though), and in my experience is that people do not care about it and your idea of people showing off their Xbox one is kind of funny because most of the Chinese will ask what is a Xbox? Just like that Japanese kid did.  Iphone is popular not because people want to show off but because people really feel like they need one.  I can be totally wrong and I would be happy that MS proof me wrong and sells millions but I don't see it happening because they can't answer the simple question why the gamers need one in China.

256 new posts in 11 hours...

0_0

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
256 new posts in 11 hours...

0_0

He's right guys......we're slacking

D-Joe said:
In Hong Kong/Taiwan Xbox Live,right now if use credit card to buy 12 months gold membership,MS will give you free Ryse and Killer Instinct Ultra Edition at October 1,that's pretty nice deal for people who live in HK/TW

Woah, so China is going to allow Ryse and KI?  I thopught with the restrictions that they wouldnt make the cute.  I was hoping that theyd get around it, so that is great :)

JayWood2010 said:
D-Joe said:
In Hong Kong/Taiwan Xbox Live,right now if use credit card to buy 12 months gold membership,MS will give you free Ryse and Killer Instinct Ultra Edition at October 1,that's pretty nice deal for people who live in HK/TW

Woah, so China is going to allow Ryse and KI?  I thopught with the restrictions that they wouldnt make the cute.  I was hoping that theyd get around it, so that is great :)

Hong Kong and Taiwan weren't in that China ban. Which is why PS4 launched there in December.