By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Most Anticipated Xbox One Game Pre-E3

Star Wars Battlefront   
Alien Isolation  
Halo  
Batman: Arkham Kinght  
The Division  
Assassin's Creed Unity  
Cyber Punk 2077  
Watch Dogs  
Destiny  
Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain  
Eolve  
Wolfenstein: The New Order  
Final Fantasy XV  
Mirror's Edge 2  
Dying Light  
The Evil Within  
Lords of the Fallen  
Dragon Age: Inquisition  
Witcher 3  
Call of Duty 2014  
Deus Ex  
UFC 2014  
Project Spark  
The Elder Scrolls Online  
Kingdom Hearts 3  
The Crew  
Tomb Raider  
Shadow Warrior  
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor  
Fable Legends  
Sleeping Dogs: The Triad Wars  
Totem  
D4  
Blue Estate  
Sniper Elite 3  
Mass Effect 4  
Hitman  
Mad Max  
Murdered: Soul Suspect  
Sunset Overdrive  
No Man's Sky  
Project Cars  
Doom 4  
Quantum Break  
Hyper Light Drifter  
Earthlock: Festival of Magic  
Super Time Force  
Below  

Around the Network

For me this one goes to Alien Isolation. I never really played the original Battlefront games but what i do know is Isolation actually looks like a very good game so far. I just hope that holds up

btw i switched a few out. I can still edit it if you all think of some more. I switched a few for Sunset Overdrive(how did you all manage to miss this one on the list :P), Doom 4, Cyber Punk 2077, Totem, and No Man's Sky

Wtf lol. Sunset Overdrive was definitely on the list to start. Didn't notice it slipping out at any point, but maybe I missed it. Like the addition of Cyber Punk though

This one is really easy for me too. Battlefront all day every day

3 person groups huh? I hope the nature of the game will make it relatively easy for groups to link up with other groups to play through the game together. Cus I was personally under the impression you cloud play in much bigger groups here if you want.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

As Parsons explained to me, players are free to tackle the campaign alone or with two friends. Every mode is played with groups of threes, incidentally – even adversarial multiplayer – as Bungie feels it offers the best balance for the three available classes. Each mission contains both private and public spaces, meaning some areas are dedicated solely to your three-man team, while other areas will be filled with additional players.

3 person groups for every game mode including multiplayer...I wonder if this will get the same shit Titanfall did for low player count in Multiplayer =P that's pretty poor imo.....although I probably would off only played it with one other guy anyway

Edit - Hopefully it means 3 teams and not 3 people Lol, Gaf is pretty annoyed Lol....

Pretty sure it means it will be 3 V 3 V 3 is some game modes or if doing campaign only groups off 3...

As far as i know its 3 people in one squad whi9ch is odd. I have a lot of people that will probbe  wanting to play with me and 4 seems like the minumum for this so when i first heard this i wasnt happy myself.  Nothing to throw a fit about but i do wish it was 4

Angelus said:
3 person groups huh? I hope the nature of the game will make it relatively easy for groups to link up with other groups to play through the game together. Cus I was personally under the impression you cloud play in much bigger groups here if you want.

there is multiple groups that can join each other in certain fights.  They showed it in one of the original trailers.  

Ryuu96 said:
JayWood2010 said:

So ....

For Campaign you can only team up with 2 other friends, however other 3 man groups can still join your world?...

And the multiplayer will be something like 3 V 3 V 3?

Yes. They can join for a limited amount of time (During that fight, then they go back to their world).  This is what ive been led to believe

I guess I just thought it was a bit more on the MMO side than what it now sounds like. Obviously they always leaned towards the words "shared world shooter" but I just assumed that was more as a precaution not to scare people off that aren't into MMOs. I had really hoped it was a bit more open than 3 player coop in combination with zones where you will run into more groups.

But ok, it is what is. I'll still be able to enjoy it, I just pictured it differently

I always thought that it's only a co-op game for some people (but like 4-5) and that there are events with special enemies which will show you other groups fighting against the big enemies in these events as well. But the "normal" gameplay when you run around will be only with a few friends and you won't meet other players who just run around you all the time.

Otherwise the smaller areas would be too small and it would be too chaotic if 20 people would fight against a few standard enemies in a corridor.