By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

It's and today I'm going to post things from around Rare HQ. Here's something hung in our gallery corridor [ER]

Around the Network

Rare baby please come back

I'm curious as to why Marcus is winning this by so much. I mean I'm a big fan of Gears, but tbh I don't think Marcus is a particularly good character at all. He's just kind of a grump, asskicking hulk of man, with very little personality or anything that makes him very interesting.

Angelus said:
I'm curious as to why Marcus is winning this by so much. I mean I'm a big fan of Gears, but tbh I don't think Marcus is a particularly good character at all. He's just kind of a grump, asskicking hulk of man, with very little personality or anything that makes him very interesting.

I disagree.  Marcus has a lot of character and a lot of it is more hidden than other characters on the list.  Example of it really shows in gears 3 throughout the game.  The books explains it a little more though.

I dont know who all voted for him but im happy :)  

Microsoft FY Q3 Results should be in today.  Thread created by Kowen http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=181746&page=1

Around the Network

JayWood2010 said:
Angelus said:

I disagree.  Marcus has a lot of character and a lot of it is more hidden than other characters on the list.  Example of it really shows in gears 3 throughout the game.  The books explains it a little more though.

I dont know who all voted for him but im happy :)  

Though, to be honest, he has the second most extensive background of the fourth main characters (Turns out that Baird has an impressive background, extended in the novels), but he's also the worst, personality-wise, out of the four too. Not saying he's bad, but Dom, Baird or Cole has all distinctive traits, whereas Marcus is just...Marcus.

Wright said:
JayWood2010 said:

Though, to be honest, he has the second most extensive background of the fourth main characters (Turns out that Baird has an impressive background, extended in the novels), but he's also the worst, personality-wise, out of the four too. Not saying he's bad, but Dom, Baird or Cole has all distinctive traits, whereas Marcus is just...Marcus.

idkm i find Marcus to be the most interesting of the four though i will say that all four has a good backstory.  Little things like COle writing letters to his dead family after e-day really makes their personalities pop.  

oh and evolve looks so good xD Gotta watch that trailer guys

JayWood2010 said:
Wright said:
JayWood2010 said:

idkm i find Marcus to be the most interesting of the four though i will say that all four has a good backstory.  Little things like COle writing letters to his dead family after e-day really makes their personalities pop.  

Or getting depressed all over not being a Trashball player anymore, only to have his stellar moment back in Gears of War 3.

The four-men team was ace in my opinion :D I didn't dislike Jace or Anya, but I didn't like how they replaced some characters throughout GeoW3.