By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Xbox One pre-orders sold out pretty quickly at most major retailers, and many gamers are concerned that they won’t be able to secure the next gen console at launch. Well, we’ve got some good news, Xbox fans! Speaking with GameStop management, we can confirm that GameStop will begin taking pre-orders for Xbox One again starting tomorrow, October 9.

http://www.gengame.net/2013/10/gamestop-will-re-open-xbox-one-pre-orders-tomorrow/

Around the Network

Xbox 360 Holiday Bundles Announced

Written by: Daniel Kayser | October 11, 2013 at 7:30AM

As we enter the next generation of gaming consoles, Microsoft is sure to be pushing its brand-new Xbox One this holiday season, but that hasn't stopped the company from also announcing three new Xbox 360 bundles that look to deliver the most bang for your current-gen buck. 

As outlined on the Xbox website, here's what you'll get with each of these holiday bundles – all three of which are said to be available "soon":

Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Bundle: Price: $299.99 – The Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Value Bundle features two great games, Halo 4 and Tomb Raider, and 1 Month of Xbox Live Gold for a limited time this Holiday.

Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Holiday Bundle: Price: $299.99 – The Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Holiday Value Bundle features two great games, Kinect Sports 2 and Kinect Adventures. It also includes 1 Month of Xbox Live Gold.

Xbox 360 250GB Kinect Holiday Bundle: Price: $399.99 – The Xbox 360 250GB Kinect Holiday Value Bundle features three great games, Kinect Sports 2, Kinect Adventures, and Forza Horizon. It also includes 1 Month of Xbox Live Gold.

So, are there any folks amongst you that are late, late, late to the 360 party and wanting to pick one of these up? What about gifting a 360 while you enjoy your shiny new Xbox One? Let us know if you plan on picking up any of these bundles (and why) in the comments below.

Hoping to see Halo 4 hit 10m sold and it is looking very possible with both a holiday boost and a bundle boost. Also Forza Horizon could very well reach 2m and it is a spinoff xD

Without Including Digital each has sold this amount.

Halo 3 - 11.80m
Halo Reach - 9.46m
Halo 4 - 8.54m

Kinect Sports - 5.65m
Kinect Sports 2 - 2.16m

Forza 3 - 5.39m
Forza 4 -4.03m
Forza 2 - 4.00m
Forza Horizon - 1.50m

JayWood2010 said:

Hoping to see Halo 4 hit 10m sold and it is looking very possible with both a holiday boost and a bundle boost. Also Forza Horizon could very well reach 2m and it is a spinoff xD

Halo 3 - 11.80m
Halo Reach - 9.46m
Halo 4 - 8.54m

Kinect Sports - 5.65m
Kinect Sports 2 - 2.16m

Forza 3 - 5.39m
Forza 4 -4.03m
Forza 2 - 4.00m
Forza Horizon - 1.50m

Same. I really want to see Halo 4 Surpass Reach by the end of the year and I think it will be possible with not just the bundle and Holiday boost, but with the GOTY edition as well. 

Kinda off Topic: Why does MS have to be stubborn and not cut the price already(not including temp ones). I get they want to make as much profit as possible, but it's been SO long since they had an official price cut. I think if they would have been more aggressive with their pricing the last couple of years I think they would still be ahead of Sony. $199 250GB bundle would sell gangbusters. 

smroadkill15 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Halo 3 - 11.80m
Halo Reach - 9.46m
Halo 4 - 8.54m

Kinect Sports - 5.65m
Kinect Sports 2 - 2.16m

Forza 3 - 5.39m
Forza 4 -4.03m
Forza 2 - 4.00m
Forza Horizon - 1.50m

Same. I really want to see Halo 4 Surpass Reach by the end of the year and I think it will be possible with not just the bundle and Holiday boost, but with the GOTY edition as well. 

Kinda off Topic: Why does MS have to be stubborn and not cut the price already(not including temp ones). I get they want to make as much profit as possible, but it's been SO long since they had an official price cut. I think if they would have been more aggressive with their pricing the last couple of years I think they would still be ahead of Sony. $199 250GB bundle would sell gangbusters. 

Because it still sells well along with making them a big profit.  

Plus it also benifits XBO.  Kind of like Only for an extra $200 you can get a XBO.

Around the Network

What is the best Xbox One Game Tournament?

Quantum Break vs Dead Rising 3

Crimson Dragon    
The Division    The Division
Ryse: Son of Rome    Destiny
Destiny    
Halo    
Forza 5    Halo 5
Project Spark    Project Spark
Kinect Sports Rivals    
Quantum Break    
Dead Rising 3    
TitanFall    
Metal Gear Solid 5    
Final Fantasy XV    
Asassin's Creed IV    
Killer Instinct    
Sunset Overdrive    

Killer Instinct Pin Ultimate Edition Announced

A special edition of the upcoming Xbox One exclusive fighting game Killer Instinct has been announced. Microsoft has unveiled the Killer Instinct Pin Ultimate Edition. The $59.99 set will include a premium case (which doubles as a Pinny Arcade pin display case) and two pins from a set of 16 collectible Killer Instinct Pinny Arcade pins. The set will also come with a season pass good for downloading the first eight DLC fighters and their accessories for the game, early access to all of the content from the first season of DLC, and a classic arcade hit; the original Killer Instinct (yay!).

For the standard $59.99 the set sounds pretty loaded, but I wish there were more physical bonuses included. View shots of the cover of the Pin Ultimate (Oh, like penultimate?) Edition below. Killer Instinct will launch beside the Xbox One next month.

Nice! The Halo 4 bundled copy is a physical copy so Vgchartz will track that. Both Tomb Raider and Halo 4 though? That's an excellent bundle.

yo_john117 said:
Nice! The Halo 4 bundled copy is a physical copy so Vgchartz will track that. Both Tomb Raider and Halo 4 though? That's an excellent bundle.

Either way VGC needs to find a way to track digital or this site will soon become irrelevant with its advantage beyond hardware numbers :/

Great sales for Halo 4. I was hoping it would cross 9.5 million at the end of the year but it seems unlikely now :(

NNID: FrequentFlyer54