By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Seece said:
I think my KI skills are going backwards, need to get into dojo again with Jago xD

lol yes another KI player xD  

If i am going to complain about one think in KI though, it is that they dont have a dojo for each individual character

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Seece said:
I think my KI skills are going backwards, need to get into dojo again with Jago xD

If i am going to complain about one think in KI though, it is that they dont have a dojo for each individual character

Yeah I'd appreciate that, it made me acceptable with Jago!

EB1994 said:
ironmanDX said:
J_Allard said:
I gotta say, idk if Azure is the reason or not, but the game does have some amazing netcode. Other games with dedicated servers like Battlefield or even Gears sure didn't run this well.

Agreed. How are you fairing on the GOTG? I'm gen 2 LVL50. Need to get some shotty kills to progress to Gen3...

I hate the Shotgun. Just doesn't suit my playstyle at all. It's ok on flag and hardpoint though.

What's your playstyle? The shotgun is extremely easy to use, especially if you actually know how to navigate quickly through the map because you can get close to an enemy quickly and just one shot them.

I do well on objective games with it like flag and hardpoint because I'm always moving around quickly in smaller areas. I also find the shotgun kinda "cheap" because of it's ability to 1 shot people.

Most times I like to lock down the map and control an area by having vantage points and move from roof to roof with the carbine.... It's the Halo in me. Map control is essential to also control weapon spawns and powerups like overshield. Of course those don't exist in Titanfall. Still carrying a 3.5 kd.

JayWood2010 said:
  1. hey mr. Spencer, i know E3 is packed but you have to show the cloud working on X1 to shut the sony fanboys up. Plz make it happen ty

2. Yea, I'm aware that we need to prove to people, that's fine. BUILD demo was a step, we'll have more.

Hahah. The XB1 is fine, the cloud nonsense is PR spin that will never work for the kind of internet quality (or lack thereof) in the United States, which is by FAR the biggest market for the Xbox fanbase.

I'm sort of worried that Phil will start his time out badly if they end up pushing useless 'cloud' bullcrap. In many people's cases, their internet performance is only just good enough to play an online game with moderate lag. Introducing something that in an ideal world would be pushing ~100mbit at 1ms over a LAN (and you can be damned sure that's what the demo builds would be like) will be useless to Joe XbFan in Denton, TX running a sweet 3mbit DSL line that nets him a 50ms ping time.

Physx on PC requires at minimum : PCIe 2.0 x4 slot. Let's do the math, shall we?

100mbit second is 12.5 megabytes/second bandwidth.

PCI Express 2.0 is 500 megabytes/second bandwidth PER LANE. An X4 PCIe 2.0 slot therefore is pushing 2000MB/sec (or 16,000mbit) for bandwidth.

Just to be clear, that's comparing 100mbit to 16,000mbit. And how many people have 100mbit connections? Hell, how many people even have 50? Most of the US is stuck at 10 or less (and they should consider themselves lucky with all the crap ISPs out there).

Also, consider what physics calculations are. They, by definition, must be dynamic for them to be worthwhile outside of FMV/scripted scenes (and in that case, why offload any of it? even the 360 can do that easily). Okay, assuming that we're talking dynamic physics calculations done "by the cloud", that means that you need the feedback/recalculation/location data to IMMEDIATELY be reflected back in the player's game-world with a low enough delay to not be perceptible. Ah, but what if the player changes the parameters of the world as things go along? Suddenly all of the math changes. Even moving the view around in a live, non-scripted manner causes the entire calculation routine to need adjustment. Ie : here are 7,500 individual fragments of material to calculate rotating, spinning, falling through gravity, with differing velocities and mass attributes. Now the player has thrown a grenade, and that produces 3,350 more, all coming at different angles. Now we have debris calculated against debris, what happens next?

You see, even with immense brute strength on PC, this hasn't been fully solved in a meaningful way. Physics are still .. only adequate, to be kind. And this is with bandwidth and latency figures incomparably faster than what you can do over an online connection.

So yes, 'Cloud' physics is insanely stupid in practice, and is unworkable as a 'live' interactive experience. Given the constraints of the real world that we live in, the best we can hope for is more AI / large game world stuff (and that would obviously require the game to be an online-only experience or one that is different depending on whether you have internet + XBL or not, which is fine, but devs have to weigh the pro/con on that deal).

The real truth of the matter is that this is all crap. The real truth is that the Xbox One is FINE without PR mumbo jumbo, without every game being 1080p, without any of the needless fanboy nitpicky crap, and without hypothetical mumbo jumbo that even with compression of 100:1 isn't doable.

What will make the XB1 great is what made the 360 great, and the OG XB before that : GAMES

I can't possibly express that loudly enough. A fantastic game, whether it be at 480p, 720p, upscaled 800p, or *cough* 1080p .. guess what? It's a GREAT FREAKING GAME! (and at the same time, I can't tell you how many truly terrible games I've played at 2560x1440 on PC!)

Phil, please don't give in to PR spin, we've had enough hot air blown at us already. Show us the goods, and all will be well.

XB fans, stick by the guns, it's GAMES GAMES GAMES. Not TV TV TV, not 1080P 1080P 1080P, not CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD. Don't fall for completely obvious bulshit.

Around the Network
Arkaign said:
JayWood2010 said:
  1. hey mr. Spencer, i know E3 is packed but you have to show the cloud working on X1 to shut the sony fanboys up. Plz make it happen ty

2. Yea, I'm aware that we need to prove to people, that's fine. BUILD demo was a step, we'll have more.

Hahah. The XB1 is fine, the cloud nonsense is PR spin that will never work for the kind of internet quality (or lack thereof) in the United States, which is by FAR the biggest market for the Xbox fanbase.

I'm sort of worried that Phil will start his time out badly if they end up pushing useless 'cloud' bullcrap. In many people's cases, their internet performance is only just good enough to play an online game with moderate lag. Introducing something that in an ideal world would be pushing ~100mbit at 1ms over a LAN (and you can be damned sure that's what the demo builds would be like) will be useless to Joe XbFan in Denton, TX running a sweet 3mbit DSL line that nets him a 50ms ping time.

Physx on PC requires at minimum : PCIe 2.0 x4 slot. Let's do the math, shall we?

PCI Express 2.0 is 500 megabytes/second bandwidth PER LANE. An X4 PCIe 2.0 slot therefore is pushing 2000MB/sec (or 16,000mbit) for bandwidth.

Just to be clear, that's comparing 100mbit to 16,000mbit. And how many people have 100mbit connections? Hell, how many people even have 50? Most of the US is stuck at 10 or less (and they should consider themselves lucky with all the crap ISPs out there).

Also, consider what physics calculations are. They, by definition, must be dynamic for them to be worthwhile outside of FMV/scripted scenes (and in that case, why offload any of it? even the 360 can do that easily). Okay, assuming that we're talking dynamic physics calculations done "by the cloud", that means that you need the feedback/recalculation/location data to IMMEDIATELY be reflected back in the player's game-world with a low enough delay to not be perceptible. Ah, but what if the player changes the parameters of the world as things go along? Suddenly all of the math changes. Even moving the view around in a live, non-scripted manner causes the entire calculation routine to need adjustment. Ie : here are 7,500 individual fragments of material to calculate rotating, spinning, falling through gravity, with differing velocities and mass attributes. Now the player has thrown a grenade, and that produces 3,350 more, all coming at different angles. Now we have debris calculated against debris, what happens next?

You see, even with immense brute strength on PC, this hasn't been fully solved in a meaningful way. Physics are still .. only adequate, to be kind. And this is with bandwidth and latency figures incomparably faster than what you can do over an online connection.

So yes, 'Cloud' physics is insanely stupid in practice, and is unworkable as a 'live' interactive experience. Given the constraints of the real world that we live in, the best we can hope for is more AI / large game world stuff (and that would obviously require the game to be an online-only experience or one that is different depending on whether you have internet + XBL or not, which is fine, but devs have to weigh the pro/con on that deal).

The real truth of the matter is that this is all crap. The real truth is that the Xbox One is FINE without PR mumbo jumbo, without every game being 1080p, without any of the needless fanboy nitpicky crap, and without hypothetical mumbo jumbo that even with compression of 100:1 isn't doable.

What will make the XB1 great is what made the 360 great, and the OG XB before that : GAMES

I can't possibly express that loudly enough. A fantastic game, whether it be at 480p, 720p, upscaled 800p, or *cough* 1080p .. guess what? It's a GREAT FREAKING GAME! (and at the same time, I can't tell you how many truly terrible games I've played at 2560x1440 on PC!)

Phil, please don't give in to PR spin, we've had enough hot air blown at us already. Show us the goods, and all will be well.

XB fans, stick by the guns, it's GAMES GAMES GAMES. Not TV TV TV, not 1080P 1080P 1080P, not CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD. Don't fall for completely obvious bulshit.

You're a very passionate guy. Sorry I didnt' add anything worthile, I didn't read your post.

Fuck yeah Super time force!

JayWood2010 said:
Seece said:

Mines to. Its why a ton of ppl play Jago

Goatseye said:
Arkaign said:
JayWood2010 said:

You're a very passionate guy. Sorry I didnt' add anything worthile, I didn't read your post.

Hahaha, thanks :) Yeah I understand, sometimes I glaze over at TLDR stuff, which mine mostly is unless you're super interested in cloud / physics stuff.

iceland said:
Fuck yeah Super time force!

Whoa, didnt recognize you with the new avatar lol