By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

thanks for the ice cream BTW

and riderz13371 you should be hanged by the balls with razor wire for wasting a perfectly good ice cream...

we don't joke around with those things in those parts...

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
Zappykins said:
riderz13371 said:

Holy shit I just looked up the fake critic thing...2005?!?! LMFAO

WHAT! They did it again?

I was refering to the one they were caught about 2002ish and had been going on for 4+ years prior.  I may have know or not have know one of the guys that was used for part of the name.

Oh, I think we are talking about something else on the Grand Theft Auto V, they appoligized.  It was in a market where I thought they had pretty good domination anyway - so strange.

2001 - they were caught

2005 - they had to pay a fee or something to the people who watched the movie. don't know the full details.

Also, your post is barely english. "I may have know or not have know"...What the hell are you even saying dude. Read your shit out loud before hitting enter if writing in english isn't your strong suit.

Seriously have a stinky attitude, take the chip off your shoulder dude.

The difference in chat audio between the 360 and X1. Check it out!

http://majornelson.com/2013/08/29/xbox-one-delivers-premium-voice-quality-via-hardware-improvements-and-skypes-audio-codec/#disqus_thread

XBO Nation New Update:  Also Check out the audio difference Smroad15 posted above.

Microsoft’s corporate vice-president for Skype, Mark Gillett, has expressed his desire to bring the Skype video-calling service to the PlayStation 4 console.

During the Xbox One reveal event in May Microsoft demonstrated how Skype would be integrated with their new Xbox One console and it appeared to be a unique feature however Skype want their video-call platform to be as open as possible by being available on as many devices as possible.

Speaking to the BBC Gillett said:

“We’ve worked with Sony for a long time. Skype ships today on the PlayStation Portable amongst other cross-platform devices that we deliver to, and for the last few years we’ve also been shipping versions of Skype that run on Sony TVs. ”We’re obviously not party to their pre-release [PlayStation] hardware road map [but] we’re committed to cross-platform.”

Amazingly, if the Skype app were to come to PS4 it would make history for being the first time users of  two mainstream home consoles (the Xbox One and PS4) could directly communicate with one another!

In 2011 Microsoft purchased Skype for $8.5 billion.

Source: BBC News

http://www.handytips.info/1567/microsoft-we-want-skype-on-ps4/

MS forms European Xbox Publishing Team

Link: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-08-29-microsoft-launches-european-publishing-team

Crytek's Warface to be its first title, John Needham leading the team

Microsoft has created a small but growing European publishing team that will be lead by Lionhead studio head John Needham. Its first deal will be publishing Crytek's free-to-play shooter Warface.

"What we're trying to do with this team, it's a first party publishing group, is across Europe find AAA quality games that we can publish," he told GamesIndustry International.

"Find games that incorporate innovative business models like free-to-play and freemium and other models that are floating around out there. Finding games that are mostly online focused and games as a service and that's why I'm leading the group, because I have a lot of experience in that. Also finding games and developers that really resonate with the gamer community across Europe but also have a broader worldwide appeal."

"What we're trying to accomplish with the group is to contribute to a bigger goal with the EMEA organisation within Microsoft, to double our share in France and Germany from a market perspective."
Needham will lead the group while continuing his work at Lionhead, and is excited about the role and the team's first deal, Warface. He said the game "ticked all the boxes" for Microsoft, was a good example of the type of game that resonated with a European audience, and wanted to emphasise it was the first of many deals that would be announced soon.

The team will be looking at a whole range of games, but he expects with the arrival of the ID@Xbox scheme and self publishing for indie developers that it will end up focusing on the bigger titles.

"But certainly we're looking for a lot of smaller games too for other platform features that we haven't spoken about yet but that are coming for Xbox One."

He added that while they are looking a games with a worldwide appeal, also important will be titles that resonate with key European markets like France, Germany and the UK.

"That's the key reason why we're here and we're forming this group, we think we need an on the ground group in Europe to do that. Obviously I'm not European, but most of the guys in the group are and have that sensibility."

The Xbox 360 hadn't been forgotten either, and the team will be focused on finding titles for that platform as well as the Xbox One, with Needham citing the "breadth of audience" as a key factor in that decision. It was also looking to successful free-to-play developers already working with Xbox, like Wargaming's World Of Tanks, for a guide to finding success with that particular type of title.

"The big thing about games as a service is just speed right? Being able to react to analytics and to what you're doing marketing-wise, testing different aspects of your game and tracking all that stuff through analytics, it's a discipline that is not easily learned and not something that I would say is natural to individuals who are used to box products," he admitted.

"So we're hiring me into the organisation, others like me with a lot of experience with games as a service, that's a way to accelerate that. It's part of why I'm here and why this job is so exciting to me, to see this transformation within Microsoft to services and devices."

While there are no formal targets he hoped to launch a couple of games a year, not including smaller, XBLA titles

Around the Network

Reports that Xbox One's shipment forecast for 2013 has been cut from seven million to 6.2 million units because of poor yield rates are inaccurate, Microsoft's senior director of product management and planning Albert Penello has told VG247.

Chinese publication Economic Daily News reported that Microsoft is struggling with yield rates for the Kinect camera, optical disc drive and assembly.

But that isn't the case, claims Penello.

"That report is incorrect. We have not lowered shipping volumes, and are actually seeing better than expected yields from our silicon," explained Penello.

"We just returned from Gamescom where we showed the overwhelming majority of content on Xbox One near-final hardware. We also just rolled out a widespread employee beta and remain on track for a November launch this year."

http://www.videogamer.com/news/xbox_one_shipping_volumes_havent_been_lowered_confirms_microsoft.htm

smroadkill15 said:

MS forms European Xbox Publishing Team

Link: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-08-29-microsoft-launches-european-publishing-team

Crytek's Warface to be its first title, John Needham leading the team

That is the 3rd publishing team that MSFT has gotten XD  Redmond and i forget the other one  but im betting that had something to do with Ryse and Dead Rising 3 so theyre doing pretty good so far :)

What is the best Xbox One Game Tournament

Minecraft vs Forza 5

Zoo Tycoon    
Crimson Dragon   Crimson Dragon
Watch Dogs   The Division
The Division    
Ryse: Son of Rome    
Lococycle   Ryse: Son of Rome
Destiny   Destiny
Battlefield 4    
Halo    
Call of Duty Ghosts   Halo
Forza 5   Forza 5
Minecraft    
Cobalt    
Project Spark    
Kinect Sports Rivals    
D4    
Quantum Break    
The Crew    
Dead Rising 3    
Fable Legends    
TitanFall    
Witcher III    
Below    
Metal Gear Solid 5    
Kingdom Hearts III    
Final Fantasy XV    
Assassin's Creed IV    
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare    
Killer instinct    
The Elder Scrolls Online    
Rabbids Invasion    
Fantasia    

Um, shouldn't it be Minecraft vs Forza 5?

Seece said:
Um, shouldn't it be Minecraft vs Forza 5?

Yepp XD  good catch.