By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Ryuu96 said:
My hype has just dropped dead xD Well atleast Halo 5 will use it and whatever else is a 2015 release....

Think of it as like you get a new console for free next year!  Get your hype back, go find it.

It's out there.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=pl&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=pl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gry-online.pl%2FS022.asp%3FID%3D9598&act=url

No exclusive content for the Witcher 3 on any platforms, will be awesome if what you said is true to Shika about them hopefully using Direct X12 

well it did only take four months to port froze from dx11 to dx12 so there is a chance they could atleast be looking into it

NobleTeam360 said:
Huh, I didn't know that Fable Legends was going to be using Unreal Engine 4.

And Tim Sweeny just said they will be upgrading Unreal Engine 4 to include DirectX 12 features.

Like 50% improve CPU performance and improve GPU efficiency, multi thread capibility, etc.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Tell me a funny joke!

Damn that is late. Sure, early access and all but they said that they expect the first games supporting it holiday 2015 which is pretty late. But this and also Mantle on PS4 (I believe PS4 will get supported by that) will increase the gap to Wii U even more.

shikamaru317 said:
Witcher 3 DirectX 12 certainly would be nice since it was said to be 720p on Xbox One in that one leak. Though even if it's not, the tiled resources SDK might allow them to hit 900p.

Of course 1080p sound better, but can humans see much a difference between 900p and 1080p? 

They are really close, and much close than 720p to 1080p.

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

Dudes you gotta stop hyping every event as having game reveals. MS rarely reveal games out side of E3 ... so if it happens great, but unless there is solid evidence I wouldn't bother speculating and getting your hopes up.

Seece said:
Dudes you gotta stop hyping every event as having game reveals. MS rarely reveal games out side of E3 ... so if it happens great, but unless there is solid evidence I wouldn't bother speculating and getting your hopes up.

Everyone does it ^^. It's hard not to get hyped!

shikamaru317 said:
Zappykins said:
shikamaru317 said:
Witcher 3 DirectX 12 certainly would be nice since it was said to be 720p on Xbox One in that one leak. Though even if it's not, the tiled resources SDK might allow them to hit 900p.

Of course 1080p sound better, but can humans see much a difference between 900p and 1080p? 

I personally can't tell a difference between 900p and 1080p at my typical viewing distance. I can tell the difference between 720p and 900p though. So I'm hoping for 900p, 30 fps, ultra settings equivalent on Xbox One for Witcher 3. Though I can live with 720p or 900p + high settings equivalent. 

That's pretty much what I thought.  Although, I'd go for 60 fps, cause I like it more. :D

Tell me a funny joke!

Forza 5 Runs at "Static" 60 FPS on DirectX12; Future Xbox One games Could Benefit

During today’s Direct X12 presentation at GDC, Microsoft talked about DirectX 12 — Microsoft’s multimedia and game programming API —  and its features. This update will also hit the Xbox One and is said to help boost the graphical quality of its games.

One  game that was demoed on PC was Forza 5. It took a “4 man-worth effort to port our core rendering engine from Xbox One D3D11.X to D3D12,” said Chris Tector, Chief Architect at Turn 10 Studios.

By “porting their Xbox One Direct3D 11.X core rendering engine to use Direct3D 12″ the small team at Turn 10 was able to replicate the same 60fps experience from Forza 5 on Xbox One and translate that to their PC demo.

Coincidentally Forza 5 is among a short list of titles able to achieve 60FPS on the Xbox One since its launch.  Xbox One games have struggled to run at 60fps — but later this year, Direct X 12 will be making its appearance on the console and could help to potentially alleviate that problem. This is possible because the CPU workload will be down 50% as DX12 takes advantage of multi-core utilization.

Moving forward, it’s possible that games will utilize DX12 features from the beginning and take advantage of its features. This could provide a potential benefit to Xbox One games down the road.

Zappykins said:
shikamaru317 said:
Zappykins said:
shikamaru317 said:

I personally can't tell a difference between 900p and 1080p at my typical viewing distance. I can tell the difference between 720p and 900p though. So I'm hoping for 900p, 30 fps, ultra settings equivalent on Xbox One for Witcher 3. Though I can live with 720p or 900p + high settings equivalent. 

That's pretty much what I thought.  Although, I'd go for 60 fps, cause I like it more. :D

No way Witcher 3 runs at 60 FPS on either console. Unless it's 480P lol.