By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

JayWood2010 said:

XBO Nation News Update

6.2 Million Xbox Ones to ship this calendar year?

August 27, 2013 

Xbox One shipment forecast for 2013, says paper --> 

Microsoft has recently lowered its Xbox One shipment forecast for 2013 from seven million units originally to 6.2 million due to poor yield rates of the device's camera module, optical disc drive (ODD) and related assembly, according to a Chinese-language Economic Daily News (EDN) report citing market watchers.

Related upstream suppliers such as Global Unichip, Nuvoton Technology and Newmax, are expected to be impacted by the lower shipments, the report added.

http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/2013/8/27/microsoft_lowers_xbox_one_shipment_forecast.htm
http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20130827PB201.html

Has to be fiscal year. No way they'll be able to manufacture that many in the next 3 months.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Cloud Powered Gaming on Xbox One

Who the fuck thinks Xbone (or PS4) could possibly get anywhere near 6m out in 2013? (title says "this calendar year")

I just can't believe the lack of any logic from some people.

superchunk said:
Who the fuck thinks Xbone (or PS4) could possibly get anywhere near 6m out in 2013? (title says "this calendar year")

The majoriy including me doesnt believe it.  Go look through comments on this thread and ethomaz's thread before shouting too much.  

yeah it's fiscal year no doubt about it... 6.2 is doable till June but with 13 country I doubt it but 10 that's a lot at least they'll be in stock for PS lol

Around the Network
superchunk said:

Ethomaz thinks 10 million is fesible for PS4 lol.

Halo should crush Call of Duty.

Seece said:
superchunk said:

Ethomaz thinks 10 million is fesible for PS4 lol.

Yeah I saw that.  Dsgrue and CGI-Quality thinks it is possible as well.

6.2 million by June 2014 seems like a reasonable amount to me.

yo_john117 said:
6.2 million by June 2014 seems like a reasonable amount to me.

The way the article is written it is saying 6.2m for 2013.  It never mentions 2014.  But if it is indeed fiscal year then it is very reasonable :)