By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii NA sales plunge, can anyone give me an explanation why?

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Imthelegend said:
The real question is are there any wii's on shelves in America. If so the fads over(lol) and if not its short supplied. Well all of you Americans can you find any wiis on sale over there.

None in my area.

"If so the fads over" is also an insulting, loaded statement, and even if it was some how acceptable that the Wii was a fad, it would still be pretty fucking retarded to assume that its over from one week of sales in one country, where the Wii still outsold all of the other home consoles by a very large amount, wouldn't you agree?

I agree, and would like to add that even in this "low" week it is outselling the competition.  Actually I don't remember a single week where it was out sold world wide (except the Halo 3 release?) and only a handful of weeks when 360 outsold Wii in NA.

CHARTZ for NA 

CHARTZ for WW 

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network
steven787 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Imthelegend said:
The real question is are there any wii's on shelves in America. If so the fads over(lol) and if not its short supplied. Well all of you Americans can you find any wiis on sale over there.

None in my area.

"If so the fads over" is also an insulting, loaded statement, and even if it was some how acceptable that the Wii was a fad, it would still be pretty fucking retarded to assume that its over from one week of sales in one country, where the Wii still outsold all of the other home consoles by a very large amount, wouldn't you agree?

I agree, and would like to add that even in this "low" week it is outselling the competition. Actually I don't remember a single week where it was out sold world wide (except the Halo 3 release?) and only a handful of weeks when 360 outsold Wii in NA.

CHARTZ for NA

CHARTZ for WW

Worldwide, this isn't gonna be a slow week,I would bet. We're liable to see 200,000 units go in Japan.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
steven787 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Imthelegend said:

None in my area.

I agree, and would like to add that even in this "low" week it is outselling the competition. Actually I don't remember a single week where it was out sold world wide (except the Halo 3 release?) and only a handful of weeks when 360 outsold Wii in NA.

CHARTZ for NA

CHARTZ for WW

Worldwide, this isn't gonna be a slow week,I would bet. We're liable to see 200,000 units go in Japan.

Not even a slow week with out Japan.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

ah the japanese "excuse".

Guys, Wii's come on ships, from china! It takes a ship 3 days to reach Japan, and 14-18 days to reach NA. So a low brawl supply would hit this week not last week. If the Wii has higher sales in NA next week, it is easy to see that not the cause.

What happened? Well most likely this week only 2 ships arrived, last week 3 did. It will go up next week.

Just_Ben said:

Guys, Wii's come on ships, from china! It takes a ship 3 days to reach Japan, and 14-18 days to reach NA. So a low brawl supply would hit this week not last week. If the Wii has higher sales in NA next week, it is easy to see that not the cause.

What happened? Well most likely this week only 2 ships arrived, last week 3 did. It will go up next week.

Ok, so, if Japan has 200,000 units sold this week, and it adds all up to (1,800,000 / 4), I'm gonna have a hard time not believing some units were pulled from last week's shipments, as well. Call it preplanning.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Either fucking way, at this point, we need to realize(sony fanboys) that the Wii doesn't need an excuse, and doubters will be pwnd.

That is all.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Just_Ben said:

The man has a good point.

However, please learn proper use of the apostrophe. 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Imthelegend said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Imthelegend said:

None in my area.

Sorry you misunderstood. I was joking around. I know the wii isnt a fad. I own one and I was making a lighthearted comment on people who claim the wii is a fad. sorry for that statement.

Nah man, there are a lot of Wii haters in this post, I'm a little jumpy. Some of the PS3 fanboys, man, they make me sick. I never would hop on the bandwagon to flame the PS3 because of, well, mostly anything, but there are so many guys who just can't wait for any little thing to try and piss the Wii lovers off, for no reason. It's trolling. This whole topic itself is a passive agressive troll against the Wii. Fanboys would have you believe I'm paranoid, but in their minds, they are eating this up, the successful ability to make nothing into a nice little Wii flame.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

omgwtfbbq said:
Just_Ben said:

The man has a good point.

However, please learn proper use of the apostrophe.

I'll try, but as a guy with a dyslexic disorder and not native speaker, I think it is relativley ok :P

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Imthelegend said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Imthelegend said:

None in my area.

Sorry you misunderstood. I was joking around. I know the wii isnt a fad. I own one and I was making a lighthearted comment on people who claim the wii is a fad. sorry for that statement.

Nah man, there are a lot of Wii haters in this post, I'm a little jumpy. Some of the PS3 fanboys, man, they make me sick. I never would hop on the bandwagon to flame the PS3 because of, well, mostly anything, but there are so many guys who just can't wait for any little thing to try and piss the Wii lovers off, for no reason. It's trolling. This whole topic itself is a passive agressive troll against the Wii. Fanboys would have you believe I'm paranoid, but in their minds, they are eating this up, the successful ability to make nothing into a nice little Wii flame.

Dont worry about it just remember that you could walk into any games store in the US and be able to buy lots of 360 and Ps3 but you still have to wait in line at 7 inthe morning to buy a Wii. In this situation it still ousold them.

Dont let them get to ya its not worth it.