By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii NA sales plunge, can anyone give me an explanation why?

Some combination of "fad, bubble burst, minigames, HD FTW. "

Or, alternatively, "Smash."

Around the Network

The Wii is supply constrained, and will likely remain like that until the Smash Brothers spike dies off.

yeah the wii is a fad
sony will rule all

:P

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

But if Wii's were diverted for the SSBB Japanese launch then why are European sales consitently near double than North American sales for the wii?

Kayanator said:
But if Wii's were diverted for the SSBB Japanese launch then why are European sales consitently near double than North American sales for the wii?

You should check that math, friend. 90,000 x 2 =/= 150,000.

Around the Network

Because they obviously aren't reaching into the European supply.

Sounds like you desperately want an explanation that doesn't exist.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

maybe ioi was hedging the wii a bit so he does not overtrack when NPD comes out... but, still..

You can divert hw, you just need to plan it ahead of time. So no, King of Whale Nintendo did not switch Wiis. They made this decision when they delayed brawl because they knew that they were going to be taken NA's allotment. I think we will see REALLY high Japan HW for 2-3 weeks. Expect the same thing to happen in Others when the SSBB comes out in NA.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Desroko said:
Kayanator said:

You should check that math, friend. 90,000 x 2 =/= 150,000.

Hence why I said "near"

The system remains supply constrained in the US.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Kayanator said:
If it is supply issues please inform me however last weeks surge in sales and Europes Double-NA wii sales tell me it is not an isue of supply as it has been resolved lat week when wii sales rose signifficantly. So why is this week so poor for the wii in NA?

IT’S A FAD!