By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Don't expect Street Fighter V before 2018 (update)

Tagged games:

time to get a fightstick im going in guys

Around the Network

I don't care for SFV for now... SF games lives for decades... it is the four in the main entry... it is like each 10 years a new SF.

So I need a new Super Street Fighter IV True HD Edition (PS4/Xbone).

darkknightkryta said:
Weedlab said:
darkknightkryta said:

They really did screw themselves over with Street Fighter X Tekken.  Just looking at the combo system and the super system; it's actually what Street Fighter 4 should have been.  The game's content was fine, but the gems ruined it.

I could not agree more about the gems. To me, the implementation of the gems was horribly executed. They should have left it out together. I like the tag and combo systems.

Yeah, the combo system was balanced.  Street Fighter 4 is too advanced; more so than Street Fighter 3.  SF X Tekken managed to give you easy button based combos as well as the advanced timing based combos, best of both worlds.

SFIV is the best world... this game really did everything right... the combat system is the best in a street fighter game since (lol I don't know)... you can win with any character if you mastered it... I mastered three characters in the game and the online have guys so good that you try to revanche ever util win at least one fight (I loved that).

The bar to grow in skill in that system is amazing... you really need to train and build strategies to get good.

Love love love.

ethomaz said:
darkknightkryta said:
Weedlab said:
darkknightkryta said:

They really did screw themselves over with Street Fighter X Tekken.  Just looking at the combo system and the super system; it's actually what Street Fighter 4 should have been.  The game's content was fine, but the gems ruined it.

I could not agree more about the gems. To me, the implementation of the gems was horribly executed. They should have left it out together. I like the tag and combo systems.

Yeah, the combo system was balanced.  Street Fighter 4 is too advanced; more so than Street Fighter 3.  SF X Tekken managed to give you easy button based combos as well as the advanced timing based combos, best of both worlds.

SFIV is the best world... this game really did everything right... the combat system is the best in a street fighter game since (lol I don't know)... you can win with any character if you mastered it... I mastered three characters in the game and the online have guys so good that you try to revanche ever util win at least one fight (I loved that).

The bar to grow in skill in that system is amazing... you really need to train and build strategies to get good.

Love love love.

Street Fighter 4 isn't balanced for beginners.  It takes a very long time to get the timing combos down, a very long time.  Street Fighter X Tekken fixed that by adding button based combos.  So they're bridging beginners to advanced users; you have your advanced timing based combos and your button based combos.  If you don't wanna learn the timing combos, you don't have to.  NOW if Street Fighter 4 gave a longer window of time to actually do those timing based combos then that'd be a different story.

I dont understand the hate for multiple versions.

In my book having more characters and stages in the game you like is a good thing. These wouldnt be possible in the first outing of the game due to financing risks.

I swear, some people just dont think before they whine. If the characters are already in the disc and locked i can understand, but if its a different version like Super, arcade edition and now Ultra, its a good thing.

Around the Network

darkknightkryta said:

Street Fighter 4 isn't balanced for beginners.  It takes a very long time to get the timing combos down, a very long time.  Street Fighter X Tekken fixed that by adding button based combos.  So they're bridging beginners to advanced users; you have your advanced timing based combos and your button based combos.  If you don't wanna learn the timing combos, you don't have to.  NOW if Street Fighter 4 gave a longer window of time to actually do those timing based combos then that'd be a different story.

Buttone based combos is the worst ideia ever for a fighting game... even more for a competitive fighting game like SFIV.

SFIV is balanced for both kind of players... if you don't want to enter in the timming of the combos just play it like the old school SF... funny like always

What annoys me about this is that theres probably no hope for capcom vs snk 3. Also, its confirmation that darkstalkers 4 isnt gonna happen.

I think capcom's failed projects are catching up to them.

ethomaz said:

darkknightkryta said:

Buttone based combos is the worst ideia ever for a fighting game... even more for a competitive fighting game like SFIV.

SFIV is balanced for both kind of players... if you don't want to enter in the timming of the combos just play it like the old school SF... funny like always

You do realize Street Fighter 3 was all button combos?  Yet that one is considered the most .. dammit!  I had the word on the tip of my tongue.  Technical!  That's the word.

darkknightkryta said:

You do realize Street Fighter 3 was all button combos?  Yet that one is considered the most .. dammit!  I had the word on the tip of my tongue.  Technical!  That's the word.

That's why in my opinion SFIV >>>>>>> SFIII... SFIV grows on you everytime you play it.

I haven't cared about street fighter in a long time... sf alpha was one of my favorites..

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date