By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 outselling the 360 by 10,000 with US and Others COMBINED!!!

At this rate only two years until it catches the 360. Yawn

When it starts beating it by 100,000 a week for 3 weeks in a row then PS3 fans can get excited.

I think these results are the combination of no new games and all the postive blu-ray press lately.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Around the Network

Holy fuck! PS3 is outselling the X360 by 10k... No way!... Now it will only take 2203 weeks before the PS3 overtakes the X360!... PS3 domination starts now!...

Why isn't this thread closed yet?... 10k is within the margin that i consider to be under the 'who fuckin cares, stuff happens' category. 

THE NETHERLANDS

Great! Sony has made Europe/Others to PS3 what NA is to X360, to a greater extent!

I am really Xeo_842 but I can no longer log in under that name.

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from VGChartz for the loser. 

@ StanGable

You phail we discuss sales on this site, this is a discussion over sales. No one mentioned "places" until you came in here. Take your hate somewhere else.

Thx

Is it just me or are the NA numbers surprisingly low?

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

Around the Network
StarcraftManiac said:

Holy fuck! PS3 is outselling the X360 by 10k... No way!... Now it will only take 2203 weeks before the PS3 overtakes the X360!... PS3 domination starts now!...

Why isn't this thread closed yet?... 10k is within the margin that i consider to be under the 'who fuckin cares, stuff happens' category. 

Once Japan numbers come in it should have outsold it WW this week by 60k+. After the PS3 had a rough year and things are finally looking up, why not celebrate?

I am really Xeo_842 but I can no longer log in under that name.

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from VGChartz for the loser. 

StanGable said:
"Hey guys, guess what?!? My losing system (PS3) is winning against another loser system (360). That's how I feel better about my PS3 losing to a gimp system called Wii :D But let's ignore the Wii because I have tons of excuses as to why the Wii is not in the same market as the PS3 like the multimedia function or being HD. Yes yes, I know, its making games but they are NOT the same games so even if the Wii is handling my PS3's ass, its just not the same! Long live my PS3!!"

lol, why do i have the feeling you won't have the opertunity to post more posts in a few minutes?...

THE NETHERLANDS

Good step in the right direction for the PS3, but I still think the one year advantage will be enough to keep the 360 at least a couple million units ahead of PS3 when it's all said and done. 7 million is a lot to make up, and unless PS3 actually goes on selling for 10 years like Sony is boasting, I doubt it'll ever be reached.

@ Starcraft and dschumm

The JP numbers aren't in yet, when they are, the PS3 is likely to have beaten the 360 WW by at least fifty thousand units. But I digress, it is no point in arguing.

@Stracraft_Maniac

because this means after JAPAN is added (as due to DMC4 according to pre-lim data Ps3 will be 45K +)

THIS mean PS3 outsold 360 by 60K for the FIRST TIME EVER!..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey