By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 outselling the 360 by 10,000 with US and Others COMBINED!!!

The xbox360 came out a yr earlier than the PS3 with a higher price point with some price drops and still costs more than 360 and the PS3 is gaining significant ground. There is more functionality w/ the PS3 with no add ons to buy so,people are buying the PS3 for that reason(blu ray,internet browser,more storage ports for different types of memory devices,quieter,sixaxis motion controllers,free online play,in 3/06/08 there will be a launching of the satin silver ps3 in JAPAN and im pretty sure that color will be available in the US SOON(3 colors will be available),etc. Dont get me wrong,halo 3 looks great and some other games as well.MS will need to get some more exclusive games and more features added to the console with different marketing strategies.BUT GDC 08 comes out 2/18/08 on G4TV so we'll see what both consoles will have to offer. The next gen final fantasy game for the PS3 will come out 12/08. COMPETION IS WHAT THE GAMING INDUSTRY NEEDS!

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

Around the Network

to all the people citing 360 shortages, first of all, if thats the case, MSFT is a joke if they cant supply over 65,000 360's in the states at this point in the life cycle. Secondly, the 360 only sold 6,000 less than last week so even if we give the FUDDERS the benefit of the doubt the PS3 still wins out.

I really find it hard to believe people are SERIOUSLY trying to play a shortage game with the 360, in america, at this point in time with only 65,000 sold. Its a joke.

@steve didnt you hear? its main factory got shut down in india this week. production was slow.

PooperScooper said:
@steve didnt you hear? its main factory got shut down in india this week. production was slow.

If that is true that will play out in a few weeks.  The xboxes produced in India don't magically appear on US shelves.  They are shipped so any "shortages" this week (haha yea right what a pathetic excuse) are not a result of a factory that just got shut down.

sorry i forgot /sarcasim

Around the Network

no doubt BR has something to do with this.
I would not have considered buying PS3 before, but I'm seriously thinking about it now because of BR.
I'm just waiting for their next SKU. Are they dropping 80G.
Maybe a new 40G with BC for $359. (After 360 drops their prices)
This is an ignorant man's question, but what does it mean that a thread is STICKIED?

I think ms will do a 100 dollar price drop on every sku at gdc. I think sony will be forced to drop the 40 gig down by 50 and if the 80 gig is still around then by 50 as well. Believe.

Can I get a source for that factory shut down in India? I'd think if my console was supposedly selling out I'd want to keep my factories open... So the whole thing strikes me as odd. Was there a strike/accident, or something? In no other way can I imagine shutting an entire factory down when, again suposedly, stock was already low.

Also, what happened to the 1.7 million or so units MS claims to have in the channel at the moment?  Are those somehow ALL Arcades?  Smells like the feces of a male cow if ya ask me.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Username2324 said:
I also love how once the PS3 starts selling good "it has to be an error"

QFT

StarcraftManiac said:

Holy fuck! PS3 is outselling the X360 by 10k... No way!... Now it will only take 2203 weeks before the PS3 overtakes the X360!... PS3 domination starts now!...

Why isn't this thread closed yet?... 10k is within the margin that i consider to be under the 'who fuckin cares, stuff happens' category.

It's good to see that somebody has a sense of humor left. I totally agree with you that one week is nothing in the long run. And I believe PS3 will eventually overtake the 360 ww.

Lost my faith in VGChartz. Too many stupid and ignorant Americans, even as moderators.

It's a shame, really. "The Boss" should do something radical about this Americanization, but it seems hardly feasible, so my days here are numbered.