By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 outselling the 360 by 10,000 with US and Others COMBINED!!!

tombi123 said:
NJ5 said:
X-Man said:
Microsoft fails this generation. Again. I don't think a price cut will even help now.

Look at the sales boost the PS3 got from its price cuts, why wouldn't the 360 get a similar boost?

I assume your referring to the arcade price drop to 199 euro.

1) Well, the Playstation brand is much much much much much stronger in Europe than Microsoft brand, so it would gain a bigger boost from a price drop.

2) The arcade model is gimped, even more gimped than the 40GB PS3 (which isn't really that gimped). The arcade has no BC and no harddrive, the 40GB has no BC with PS2 games. I cannot imagine my PS3 without a harddrive.

The price drop will help, but not much. If they dropped the price of the premium or the elite by a significant amount then that would make a difference.

I was not refering to any specific region, SKU or price cut. Any price cut will probably happen simultaneously in USA and Europe, so the boost will be felt in both regions.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

How many skus does the xbox have?

ClaudeLv250 said:
Wii outselling BOTH combined. Whoamg!

Yes, and after the Japanese numbers come in the spread might be pretty big.  Nintendo's shipments for this week should result in about 400K sales once you add Japan in if the preliminary data is correct.  Considering that the big N is manufacturing 450K/week, then we should expect it to continue outselling the PS3 and 360 combined plus a very wide margin for quite a while, especially with the impending Halo-3 sized release of Smash and similarly sized release of Mario Kart.

Huge releases.  So, where did my "Wii may attain 50% in 2008" thread go?

elite, halo, premium, arcade,

*edit* whoops" they dont sell the halo 360 anymore!

darthdevidem01 said:
@Starcraft_Maniac

after a year of flak....

Statements from fanboys that Ps3 would be discontinued early this year...

Basically after thread after thread of PS3 doom last year....why is a thread like this suddenly bothering you so much?

He's bothered because he's no longer able to make the threads you mentioned.  He and/or people just like him are the exact same people who cried "doomed doomed doomed!" all last year for the PS3, and it gets under their skins that its no longer true for the console they hate and is becomming true for one they like (not counting Wii, obv). 

I mean, if you spent a full year gloating over someone else's "misery" like a child what else are you going to do when the tables are turned but call people children for celebrating the change?  The worst part of it is, the PS3 haters were far more vile about it than the PS3 supports have been the last few months.  With only a few exceptions (we call these people trolls, and they fall on all sides of the war), most PS3 fans just like to say "but were making a turn around" instead of the "haha, yur consoul iz laim!" I saw over and over again last year.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Around the Network

I still love the fact it took the 360 one price cut, 4 skus, over a year head start, and AAA titles just to pace with the ps3. It's a bad start, but believe you me, it's a long, long, LONG road ahead

^^ i can use the same words madskillz did to describe the 360

DOATS1 said:

elite, halo, premium, arcade,

*edit* whoops" they dont sell the halo 360 anymore!

do not forget one of the first Xbox 360 SKU, the Core version

whats the difference between core and arcade?

> do not forget one of the first Xbox 360 SKU, the Core version

and the Simpsons Edition,

Since xbox fanboys always add non-existing PS3 sku in the discuss anyway.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)