By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Requirements for game to be considered AAA

I think the term AAA is stupid as well.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
Sqrl said:
Hmm if we can't use triple "A" anymore maybe we can use triple "X"?

So what do you guys think makes a game a XXX game?

Boobies.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Mario Party XXX. The possibilities with the Wiimote are endless ;)

Sqrl said:
Hmm if we can't use triple "A" anymore maybe we can use triple "X"?

So what do you guys think makes a game a XXX game?

I think there would be a lot more AO ratings.

how well the game sold should even facter into it

Is Mario and Sonic an AAA game just because people buy it?

Is Shadow of Colossus not an AAA game? Same goes for Okami and possibly No More Heroes

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
mikey said:

Andy? Is that you?

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

kingofwale said:

Is Shadow of Colossus not an AAA game? Same goes for Okami and possibly No More Heroes

Actually the original term AAA came from nothing but budget. It was used to define the games that developers spent the most money to make. Again though I really think it's a stupid term and shouldn't be used anymore. Everyone has their own opinions of it, and it creates nothing but arguments and confusion.

Now stick with me here people, because I have a new system which may be a little complicated:

If you want to talk about games with 90% or more on gamerankings, say "games with 90% or more on gamerankings." If you want to talk about high budget games, say "high budget games." If you want to talk about games that sell lots of units, say "games that sell lots of units."

I know that's asking a lot, but I have confidence that you guys are all smart enough to handle it.

Garcian Smith said:
mikey said:

Andy? Is that you?

No.  It's mikey :)

naznatips said:
kingofwale said:

Actually the original term AAA came from nothing but budget. It was used to define the games that developers spent the most money to make. Again though I really think it's a stupid term and shouldn't be used anymore. Everyone has their own opinions of it, and it creates nothing but arguments and confusion.

Now stick with me here people, because I have a new system which may be a little complicated:

If you want to talk about games with 90% or more on gamerankings, say "games with 90% or more on gamerankings." If you want to talk about high budget games, say "high budget games." If you want to talk about games that sell lots of units, say "games that sell lots of units."

I know that's asking a lot, but I have confidence that you guys are all smart enough to handle it.

Well said,call the games as the kind they are.

Any hype game,let´s call it "a hyped game" too. 

For me, a real AAA game has to be of excellent quality in gameplay, design, audio, etc..

For the rest of the world, it's HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!!

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.