By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Killer Instinct and Xbox One Get Booed At Evo 2013

Mmmfishtacos said:
I never liked KI to begin with. Probably the worst fighting game of the time. But their reactions were uncalled for. After all they did get to see the game live before many. Even I would have been excited about that even if i have no interest in owning the game.

This is the kind of response I can RESPECT (even as a KILLER KI fan).  The OP's post is flame bait.

It was totally uncalled for, but so was this thread for the OP to simply bash the game.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
Nightwish224 said:
riderz13371 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Just a bunch of trolls. Most people are hella excited for it.

No one is excited for a free to play game that comes with one character and you have to buy everyone else seperately. Not to mention this game isn't even developed by Rare. How can you get excited for this lol.

No offence to anyone who is actually excited...

You can full out purchase the game with all the characters included. It's a free game that gives you ONE character to see if you initally like the game or not -- that sounds pretty good to me!  Do your research.

Read other comments I posted on this thread.

Do your research.

Oh, I did.  This thread needs to be locked because it provides a lot of misinformation and is highly misleading.  Why create a thread about a game if you're not excited for it?  Flame bait at its finest!

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

NightDragon83 said:
riderz13371 said:
J_Allard said:
riderz13371 said:

No one is excited for a free to play game

Really? I see people excited for free to play games on here all the time.

riderz13371 said:
that comes with one character and you have to buy everyone else seperately.

Or, you can buy the entire game at launch with all the content. Maybe in the future before making threads to troll games, you check out the games to make sure you know what you're talking about? I'm trying to help you here.

riderz13371 said:
Not to mention this game isn't even developed by Rare. How can you get excited for this lol.

No offence to anyone who is actually excited...

I have a feeling that if this game were made by Rare, you'd just crap on the game for that reason anyway.

1) Free to play games are nice but nothing to get excited about (in my opinion). They're fun to play for a while but get rather boring once you have to constantly purchase in game items. I'd rather just pay once and have access to the full game.

2)How much will that cost you? If it's 60$ or under for ALL content in the game then I'll admit I was wrong on this one.

3) Why would I crap on a game that is being made by it's original developer

Need we remind you that Rare, the original developer of classics like Banjo and Perfect Dark, gave us such "gems" as PD Zero and Banjo Nuts and Bolts this past gen.

The fact that KI is no longer in their hands is a good thing IMO.

This game is still being overseen in some ways by Rare.  If I find a link about it, I'll make sure to message ya :)

I always thought the series was not very good back in the day and this doesnt look like it will change my mind. However, its messed up it got booed. It will be aight, itll find an audience, dont know if it will end up on EVO but it will find one.

Killer F#ckup. lol

From what I understand Killer Instinct is free if you have Xbox Live Gold to access it, and then you still have to buy all the powerful characters in the game. That is messed up imo.

They should've done it like Tekken Revolution. Truely free to download and all the characters can be unlocked without buying.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

I'd buy it if it were on another console. Not getting an Xbox One for it though. I'm not a dedicated fighting game fan so never going to purchase a console for a fighter.

Microsoft, Rare, owned franchise though so won't ever see it for another console.

deskpro2k3 said:
Killer F#ckup. lol

From what I understand Killer Instinct is free if you have Xbox Live Gold to access it, and then you still have to buy all the powerful characters in the game. That is messed up imo.

They should've done it like Tekken Revolution. Truely free to download and all the characters can be unlocked without buying.

Its more like the free verison is a demo but u get acess to the whole game but just one charcter for you to use but u can fight all of them. You then have the option to buy 1 char at a time so for example you only like to play as the wolf you dont have to buy the entire roster or you can buy the entire roster and use who ever when ever

deskpro2k3 said:
Killer F#ckup. lol

You have 3 options for playing Killer Instinct.

1. Free to play option. You get Jago. You don't have to pay for anything, but with this option, you can buy other characters a la carte if you want.

2. Buy the game. You get everything intended for the original release.

3. Buy the "limited edition" or whatever they are calling it. Get everything intended for the original release plus some bonus stuff.

Personally as long as the total cost for buying everything separately is the same/close to the cost of the whole game if you buy it all at once, what is the issue with f2p? If I could get a SF game a lot cheaper by only buying Zangief, Akuma, and Rufus, that would be great. Of course, for the serious fighting game fan, you want all the characters. KI gives you that option.

sometimes i feel ashamed to be a part of this “community“ and i feel sry for the developers who probably work hard to make a good game (if it will be good has to be seen at release)

riderz13371 said:
papamudd said:
Wow that's just crazy... Must be all those sony fanboys...

Evo is Sony fanboy territory now too?! I thought that it was just the entire internet with Sony fanboys!

it's not hard to guess that most hardcore fighting game fans are on playstation (or arcade lol) is it? or do you think the hardcore fighting community is split between wii, xbox and playstation? almost everyone there will play on playstation. most hardcore ego-shooter fans are on pc and maybe xbox. hardcore strategy fans are on pc and so on...